Author Topic: Memorial Day Sale  (Read 5777 times)

pretty_kitty

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Memorial Day Sale
« on: May 26, 2012, 10:28:59 AM »
Many of our DVDs are on sale for 50% off this weekend.  Check out the sale at http://dogbrothers.com/store

Have a great weekend.

:-)
Cindy "Pretty Kitty" Denny.
Dog Brothers, Inc.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
25% Memorial Day Sale
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:11:50 PM »
www.dogbrothers.com

==============================

October 1944.
US Army/Air Force Base Spinazzola, Italy. “Dear Son,

I hoped I would never write this to you. In a little less than an hour, ill be strapping myself into my old plane and pointing her nose westward. I’ve seen the orders, I think it will be for the last time.

And so suddenly I find my life stripped away, like the branches of an old black tree. All that matters, is I write this to you. I know you won’t remember me, not really. I spent 3 days with you last year, when you were 6 months old, and though you can’t yet understand it, I… loved you more then, than you might imagine loving anyone right now.

Now listen to me, this uh… life. Know, that it is precious. You’ve gotta grasp at every little whiff of it that passes by you. It won’t be easy. It won’t be certain, not now, not in your unimaginable future. Don’t be surprised, no, embrace the stiff winds, and the lonely heights. Remember your name… never turn away from the right course because it’s hard. Above all, love. Scrape out the bottom of your soul, and love for all you’re worth. And when you find her, risk everything, die a thousand deaths to get her, don’t look back.

When you grow older (older than I will ever be) blow on those embers of that first heroic choice. You’ll be warmed…sustained.

If some day you have a son, remember he’s your greatest gift. Tell him these things. Make a man of him. Love him. Don’t live to get money, have a few things, but make them good things. Take care of them, learn how they work. There’s beauty in the smell of good machines and old leather. When you walk…alone, in autumn, down roads at night, trees tossing in the sunset, know that I would give everything to walk with you, & tell you their names. But I am there, in the light through the branches and I’m loving you where I see you.

I must go now, all my love…forever ever,

Dad.”