Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2016, 12:16:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
95525 Posts in 2314 Topics by 1081 Members
Latest Member: Martel
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  We the Well-armed People (Gun rights stuff )
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print
Author Topic: We the Well-armed People (Gun rights stuff )  (Read 416054 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1700 on: June 15, 2016, 11:31:52 AM »

http://10news.dk/?p=760
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1701 on: June 15, 2016, 03:18:32 PM »

O'Reilly caves.  So instead of simply keeping those on TERROR watch lists from purchasing weapons because we may OFFEND THEM the Left"s and now OReilly's answer is to restrict EVERONE ELSE'S rights!  I am sick of the BS:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-oreilly-takes-stunning-stance-154449244.html?nhp=1
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1702 on: June 15, 2016, 03:41:45 PM »

angry angry angry
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1703 on: June 16, 2016, 12:19:59 AM »

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160615/nra-statement-on-terror-watchlists
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1704 on: June 16, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »

More on O'Reilly here, debate with Jon Stewart.  I have to listen more closely but he seems to defend gun rights, crack down on crimes committed with guns, asks Congress to declare war on radical jihad. 

It was Stewart conflating the issue, gun control when the violence is radical Islam declaring and executing a war against the US and we fail to take steps to fight back.

The FBI investigates but finds a guy who hasn't committed a crime.  I am traveling and don't have the facts but wouldn't or shouldn't two trips to Saudi to meet with or train with enemies of the US constitute a crime, if that is what happened and if we had any way of knowing that?

I don't want China's censorship of internet where opposition to the state even in words is banned.  But isn't recruitment of radical Islam, on the internet or in the Mosques, to take up arms against the US and against innocent US civilians a form of speech that is NOT protected by the first amendment?  Isn't a denial of gun sales to people siding with those who have declared war against the US a reasonable restriction not in conflict at all with the second amendment?  Isn't the monitoring of some of these groups and tracking of movements and activities a normal and necessary part of national security not in violation of our privacy rights?  Doesn't a person give up some expectation of privacy and being free of surveillance when they make association with sworn, violent, mass shooting, mass beheading enemies of the United States? 

Slippery slope stuff perhaps and some of the answers need to go in the other threads, but I would pose this question here on the well armed people thread:

What stopped this shooter?  Someone with a gun shot him.

What do you wish would happen if you were trapped in this massacre while it was happening?  You wish someone would pull out a gun and shoot him.

When would be the best time to stop the shooter?  Before he entered the club ideally, but more realistically the need to shoot him was clear as soon as he first shot at innocent people.

Would the strictest gun laws possible stop radical Islam from killing us?  Couldn't he have also used a bomb or a poison gas?  Didn't the 911 hijackers use box cutters?  you won't convice the left, but the gun is not the enemy, the enemy is.

We are at war, in the sense that the enemy has declared it.  Why not identify the enemy and fight back?

The enemy isn't our own right of self defense.  The enemy in the current fight is radical Islam, wherever it rears its ugly head.  If the immediate threat came from Timothy McVeigh types, then that is where our focus should be, but our immediate threat is coming from radical Islam.  The need for law abiding citizens to take up arms and defend themselves only grows when those elected to protect us don't take the most obvious steps to protect us.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1705 on: June 16, 2016, 09:58:36 AM »

Doug everything you post is true.  But the media goes after Trump and Obama as always seems off the hook.  Hardly one peep about how THIS guy was working as a contractor for DHS.

Obamster is now going to Orlando to make give a political lecture to the world.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1706 on: June 16, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »

http://kdvr.com/2016/06/14/gun-sales-surge-after-orlando-shooting/
-----------------------------------------------

Separate from politics and talk, this kind of thing indicates people get it.  If someone is shooting at you or at your loved ones, you would wish that you or someone with you could shoot back and end the carnage.

It is war, a 'gun law' does't stop a criminal or enemy combatant.  Mass beheading are just as gruesome as mass shootings.

(Unless the count has changed) there were 49 victims killed.  The shooter was not a victim.

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1707 on: June 16, 2016, 10:36:37 AM »

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2016/06/16/heres-everything-wanted-say-islam-yesterday-couldnt/
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1708 on: June 18, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/petitions/ab1673/?mc_cid=cc77fd32d4&mc_eid=c42be3e26b
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1709 on: June 20, 2016, 12:44:08 PM »

Fund my department or organization and if you don't you are a disgrace.   rolleyes Of this is not about the 2 nd amendment.  rolleyes Of course you are not biased from day #1.  rolleyes

Of course it is all about helping Blacks who are shooting themselves up worse then Dodge CIty  rolleyes  A waste of $5 million. 

http://www.breitbart.com/california/2016/06/20/ca-lawmakers-designate-5-million-gun-violence-research/
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1710 on: June 20, 2016, 09:48:05 PM »

Leftism and guns, the goal is restrict something, anything, just get restrictions passed on guns.  The latest is the terror watch list, ban the sale of guns to people on the "terror watch list", whatever that is.  1.1 million people.  Makes sense.  Unless you examine it.

A couple of points on that.  First is the trick question, which is your favorite right in the Bill of Rights?  Hopefully ALL of them!  In this case, not just the second amendment applies but also due process, the 5th (and 14th).

"[N]or shall any person . . . be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law"

I am against selling weapons to terrorists.  Are the 1.1 million people on the terror watch list terrorists?

If you go back to the due process clause, the ones we know are terrorists aren't out buying guns; they are in prison or dead.

Was Omar dumbshit, the gay hating gay Muslim ISIS surrogate (don't want to know his name) on the terror watch list?  No.  He was taken off the list.  Why?  I don't know.  Bureaucrats make mistakes.  Law enforcement missed something.  He hadn't committed a crime. People who manage lists of a million people don't get everything right.  Maybe it was 4:00 in a government office when his name should have been re-entered.  Some didn't want to speak up against him because he was Muslim.  Whatever the reason, this wouldn't have stopped him.  Does that change the minds of liberals?  No.   Their goal is restrict something, anything, just get some restrictions passed on guns.  (I repeat myself.  So do they.)

I am for declaring war on Radical Islam in all its iterations.  If that were the case and if law enforcement and military  intelligence were on it, the man who was communicating with, visiting and training with the enemy would be in jail, so would all his mentors, all with due process, and they would not be out buying guns.

A person on the terror watch list can't fly but can't buy a gun.  Why?  One is an enumerated right.  One is not a recognized right.  In law we have all kinds of standards. preponderance of evidence, proof beyond a reasonable doubt, rational basis, strict scrutiny, intermediate scrutiny, etc. etc.  What standard goes into putting a person on the terror watch list?  No one knows.  All we know is they aren't right or dertain enough to arrest them and they miss people all the time.

Meanwhile our border is open and while you were reading this more terrorists and illegal guns came in.  I recommend keeping the right to defend yourself.

And for the areas where the constitution has it wrong or times have changed, I recommend the constitutional amendment process, not governing by the willy nilly whims of leftists.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: