Author Topic: True or False? Frauds, Fantasy, and the Fantastical  (Read 10994 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile

JSworth

• View Profile
Re: True or False? Frauds, Fantasy, and the Fantastical
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 12:45:14 AM »
I thought I was going to die when I got to Manny "The Hialeah Kid" Reyes, Jr. Thanks for sharing this.

pau

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:22:06 PM »
I saw some of this on Bullshido but its all ways fun to re read them ahahaha

MASTER Frank Dux comes to Mexico often to teach his deadly secret arts for $100 :P

guau desde mex ^^

woof from mex ^^

JSworth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »
Now that I think of it, I'm kind of sad that Ashida Kim didn't make the list.

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 01:42:57 PM »
Dux describes himself as being a third generation descendant of covert operatives. "From 1981 to 1987, I served as a covert operative for CIA director Bill Casey," Dux told Martial Arts Magazine  quote:  His alleged contact in the CIA, director William Casey, passed away from a brain tumor in 1987, almost ten years before Dux's book was published. William Casey was not around to either confirm or denounce Dux's statements, or the existence of their relationship. However, other individuals have stepped forward to help lend credence to Dux's role as an operative.

Congressional expert witness, Iran-Contra insider, US Navy Lt. Cmdr. Alexander Martin stated in court proceedings under penalty of perjury, "During my intelligence career, I have met with and been introduced to many covert operatives, whose existence has often been officially denied by the government agencies that these parties have been associated with. One of these covert operatives was one Frank Dux." Lt. Cmdr. Martin's declaration was entered into evidence as Exhibit #25 in Dux's suit of libel and slander against Soldier of Fortune magazine. 

Q:  Some high ranking officials of military and law enforcement in the U.S., Russia and others have made claims as Cmdr. Martin did about Dux.  Who in their wright mind would make  such a claim like that under oath if it were not true.  Isn't this stuff public record?  The list of frauds in the martial art community are to long to mention. Some have been proven beyond a shadow of a doubt while others remain open to speculation.  I guess we will never know until there is solid proof or these people come clean and admit the truth as some already have.  :|    When you get right down to it,  you can't believe anything you read on the internet...
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 12:35:36 PM »
BTW, I don't don't take offence to people replying negatively to my above post.  I was Dux's student durrind the early 80's.  I must admit,  some of his claims just don't ad up when you do the math.  It would have to have been a 100 man fight challenge(Oyama) to even come close to some of the records he claims to have set. Problem with that is,  the 100 man + fight challenge was a test, not a tournament, so we can rule that out.  :-P
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Tom,

Having grown up with the movie Bloodsport (that movie got me into Tae Kwon Do when I was 11), it never occurred to me in my youth that when the movie was supposed to be based on a true story, the story had been embellished. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind please sharing some of your more memorable Frank Dux stories (good or bad) in this thread? I'd really like to know more about what your time was like with the man, and what your no-doubt evolving impression of him was as time went on.

GD

PS - Almost a decade ago, I spent over $600 on seminars with a man who had photoshopped his face over the face of someone in a picture with Bruce Lee, and claimed to be a private student. We've all been there as far as putting our well-intentioned beliefs into someone who does not deserve them.
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 01:35:45 PM »
Tom,

Having grown up with the movie Bloodsport (that movie got me into Tae Kwon Do when I was 11), it never occurred to me in my youth that when the movie was supposed to be based on a true story, the story had been embellished. I'm wondering if you wouldn't mind please sharing some of your more memorable Frank Dux stories (good or bad) in this thread? I'd really like to know more about what your time was like with the man, and what your no-doubt evolving impression of him was as time went on.

GD

PS - Almost a decade ago, I spent over $600 on seminars with a man who had photoshopped his face over the face of someone in a picture with Bruce Lee, and claimed to be a private student. We've all been there as far as putting our well-intentioned beliefs into someone who does not deserve them.
    The classes at the Dux dojo were fun. They also included firearms training. I really liked the shot gun classes :evil:  I remember one story he told me about, sleeping up in the trees when bedding down for the night on the battlefield. This was a practice, he said, was used to avoid surprise ambush or from being run over by tanks while sleeping. He also claimed, he was given the nickname "Monkey" because of said practice. :wink: