Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 08:02:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
81333 Posts in 2243 Topics by 1046 Members
Latest Member: MikeT
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Dog Brothers Information
| |-+  Instructor Lists
| | |-+  Introducing myself
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 3527 times)
SWBrowne

« on: October 04, 2012, 05:42:58 PM »

Hi, I'm a new member here, at the kind invitation of Mark Denny.

My name is Stephen Browne, I'm 61 years old. I am first and foremost a father to two children Jerzy Waszyngton Browne, age 11, and Judyta Ilona Browne, age 6. Unfortunately a single father trying to do best by my kids.

My son's name is Polish, he was born in Warsaw two weeks after 9/11, which is how he came to be named "George Washington Browne."

My daughter is named for Jerzy's godmother, and her namesake, Judith Hatton, now sadly deceased, and a dear friend in Lithuania, Ilona Daukene, who died in the mushroom poisoning epidemic that hit northern Europe some years back.

Judith Hatton was an Englishwoman, the wife of a KGB agent (from SMERSH no less) who defected to the UK after WWII.

Martial arts-wise, I am ranked Dai saam (3rd degree black sash) in Wu-Wei Gung Fu, Recognized Instructor in Pekiti Tirsia Kali, and intermediate to advanced ranking in about a half-dozen others.

In the years 1991-2004 I lived in Poland, Bulgaria, Serbia, and Saudi Arabia, and traveled throughout Eastern Europe quite a lot.  I was elected Honorary Member of the Yugoslav Movement for the Protection of Human Rights in 1997.

I returned to the States to get formal training in journalism after getting some really great stories as an amateur. I interviewed the wife of a murdered dissident in Belarus, and covered the election that brought down Milosevic from the streets of Belgrade.

I'm now paying my dues, starting from the bottom again and a rural daily newspaper in Minnesota.

I love the martial arts, but have not had the opportunity to train as much as I'd like, nor am I 25 anymore, but determined to "walk as a warrior all my days."

Very pleased to meet you all

"As weird as it's gotten, it still hasn't gotten weird enough for me."
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 12:42:17 AM »

Woof Stephen: 

Welcome to the wrong forum  cheesy

I'm pasting this in the Fire Hydrant threads of the Politics & Religion forum and the Martial Arts forum  grin
SWBrowne

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2012, 05:37:05 PM »

Lost! That's how I got to Poland in 1991. I was heading to Japan...

"As weird as it's gotten, it still hasn't gotten weird enough for me."
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 05:54:08 PM »

Heh heh.

Still waiting for you to jump in on the main forums smiley
Stickgrappler
Power User

"...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:43:58 PM »

Woof:

this may help

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/index.php?topic=887.100

"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: