Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2015, 09:29:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
87705 Posts in 2281 Topics by 1070 Members
Latest Member: Nexquietus
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Gov. Bobby Jindal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gov. Bobby Jindal  (Read 251 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« on: May 20, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/05/gov_bobby_jindal_issues_religi.html
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »

Jindal did the "Center Seat" on the panel of Bret Baier's Special Report yesterday and impressed me quite a bit.

The only negative was I thought he pandered a bit on Christian themes but overall he was quite good.

*By far the best specificity I have heard about what should replace Obamacare.
*Surprisingly well informed and thoughtful (i.e. he wasn't just regurgitating) on foreign affairs
*Sounded very strong on his record of Governor in LA
*Sounded persuasive on what he had learned from being governor
*Spoke simply and directly, not much a politician's puffery.

I'm not seeing how he gets to raising the money his campaign will need, but the man is worth noting IMHO.

ccp
Power User

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »

"The only negative was I thought he pandered a bit on Christian themes"

I think so too.   On one hand he talks we are all Americans (which I like) but then goes off on Christianity a bit too much IMHO.  I'll have to email my nephew.  Of course my opinion means mountains.  wink   cheesy
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 08:26:09 AM »

Jindal is 100% acceptable to me on policy, experience and competence.  My question to him and all of them is their ability to connect and bring more people over to 'our' way of thinking.  Not only to get elected, but a President needs to maintain and build popularity in order to govern effectively. 

I certainly hope he is one of the top ten on the stage debating substantive issues.

I didn't hear his Christian pandering, but they need to be more careful about that.  By Christianity as it relates to politics, most mean Judeo Christian values, which you don't need to be Jewish or Christian to possess IMHO.  Most of the politically active evangelicals probably don't think of Catholic as evangelical (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evangelicalism), so it requires someone like Jindal to openly talk about his faith for them to relate.  But then in the general election a lot of centrists, whose votes they need to win, hate the openness of religion and Christianity from the politicians.

They tend to go on record early in a campaign disclosing the personal side of their faith and how it affects them so that they don't have to be discussing it later.

As an aside, I liked Jeb's line separating church and state, that he looks to people like Milton Friedman, not the Pope, to inform him on economics.  A Catholic conservative is going to lose half of the Catholic vote anyway.  Might as well draw those lines.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 03:12:32 PM »

https://www.bobbyjindal.com/newsroom/

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: