Author Topic: Dealing with Evil  (Read 83182 times)

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with Evil
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2014, 12:45:04 PM »
The cartels are much more careful and quiet operating in el norte. Why?

DDF

« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2014, 12:50:42 PM »
One other thing, before I am written off as just being a jerk.

You've got a lot longer in this than I do, though our experiences are a bit different, you more brains and investigative, mine more as an operator; I have to ask, (and I'm bringing this up as an honest question), do you find that you've lost your fear of sidearms if you're armed with a longarm? I know that I have. In fact, I don't even like carrying my Glock 17 because it's just a waste of time, especially against vests. I'd rather carry my FAL and 7.62x51, and not worry about sidearms or vests on the other guys.

I'm asking that, because is society, as a whole, really ready to deal with that type of evil? I don't think it is, and while I seem the way I do, in my heart, I root for good and freedom, not control (by "good" or bad), but freedom.

I think it is a pertinent question every person, military, leo, or other should be asking themselves, and what I have written above, it'll come to pass in the next ten years, and I think we should be ready for it. SWAT, (which almost all of our leo's here are), doesn't cut it, especially when confronted with a convoy of 50 trucks of people that are all about evil and have been trained.

Society needs to be responsible for themselves, or..... evil wins. It just does.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 12:55:48 PM by DDF »

DDF

« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2014, 12:52:06 PM »
The cartels are much more careful and quiet operating in el norte. Why?

Because they haven't bought your politicians yet. It isn't because they're afraid. With all the liberal trash you have floating around up there, how long do you think it is until that happens? Obama... not even an American. I worry for all of us.

DDF

« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2014, 12:54:13 PM »
Fight the good fight GM, stay safe.

DDF

Re: Armed citizen response in public environments
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2014, 10:27:08 AM »
http://www.personaldefensenetwork.com/armed-citizen-response-in-public-environments/

Good article for the most part, except; "concealed carry permit holders are fooling themselves if they think they will be able to react effectively to armed aggressors. Most CCW holders won’t even be able to un-holster their gun. They will more likely be killed themselves or kill innocent bystanders than stop the aggressor.” I'm still trying to get the aftertaste of bile out of my mouth after that one... I like hard numbers...not "probablies," or "more likelies." It is every bit reminiscent of liberal media to even include that part.

Also, I take issue with an outright lie both by Supreme Court case law and recent events in; "To identify the role of the armed civilian in a public deadly force emergency, we have to look at the difference in the societal roles of that civilian versus the role of an identifiable (uniformed) law enforcement official." I take issue with this, because unless a law enforcement official has signed away his freedom to the government (as in active military), he is in fact a civilian, hence the distinction.

and

"The law enforcement priority of life protocol places the highest value on the lives of innocent civilians, victims, and hostages. Next in line comes the life of the officer, and last is the life of the perpetrator. It is the duty of the officer to put his life second to those of the people he serves."

Every part of that is an outright fabrication.

"WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm" http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0

and "In the end, two of suspects were killed by police and a third was wounded. One of the three hostages died, while two others were injured." Police justifying opening fire on a hostage in order to save their lives and those of additional citizens; yet, clearly, also in an attempt to save their own lives, which is noteworthy, because clearly the officers cared more for their own welfare than that of the hostage's. Not saying there aren't great police, but we should state things exactly as they are.  http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/16/us/california-bank-robbery/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 10:29:31 AM by DDF »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 28, 2014, 03:14:56 PM »
The term civilian in the law enforcement context means someone who isn't in possession of the powers granted to sworn officers.

A also, do not confuse liability case law with what is taught to officers as an operational model for responding to active shooters.

DDF

« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2014, 06:58:59 PM »
The term civilian in the law enforcement context means someone who isn't in possession of the powers granted to sworn officers.

A also, do not confuse liability case law with what is taught to officers as an operational model for responding to active shooters.

I won't go round and round with you on this GM. Neither of us will change the other's mind. We would both just be wasting each other's time. Hat tip to you.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 15, 2014, 12:48:21 PM »

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
a must read!
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2015, 10:21:43 AM »

Crafty_Dog