Author Topic: Combatives for womenz vs escape tactics?  (Read 4577 times)

Killbot

• View Profile
Combatives for womenz vs escape tactics?
« on: June 06, 2013, 06:33:28 AM »
Hi guys,

A friend of mine want to teach a seminar for women's Self Defense. After looking into it more, I see some HUGE flaws concerning athleticism, speed, strength and the the practical reality of "it needs to be something easily remembered without much engraining."

When I do self defense for women, I emphasize a few things, mostly make time, get space and get away. I focus on three things, breaking grips on your person (break fingers, push outta the grip don't pull, and eye and throat attacks) then we do a few things from the ground. Mostly technical standing and posture control (w/ a review of fingers, eyes and grips).

His concepts seem centered on explosiveness and things best achieved through practice. I try to offer things that don't have to practice, but you do have to remember. Principles. You can't really practice a principle. You can emphasize or explore a principle through techniques, but principles are primary for someone who deosn't take the time to learn techniques. (I'm realistic about how hard people are going to work at this)

So, any input from anyone? Advantages to one or the other? Disadvantages?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 07:13:37 AM by Killbot »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid Assault Tactics? For womenz?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 09:35:27 AM »
Generally we try to avoid negative commentary about specific systems around here.  Is it really necessary to name the system here to raise the conceptual point of interest to you?

Killbot

• View Profile
Re: Rapid Assault Tactics? For womenz?
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:11:24 AM »
Sorry. Not trying to be negative. I probably should have phrased all that a little different is all. He was very specific is why this came uop.  Just wondering from an ill informed perspective.  I don't have any experience in that system, but I wanted to see if anyone knew more and could enlighten. No one really had any input, so I guess we could delete the thread if you want. I'm gonna have him do whatever anyways. But I'll edit my post to go full concept.