Author Topic: DBMA Midwest Training Groups  (Read 28885 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Midwest Training Groups
« on: June 18, 2013, 07:20:06 AM »
Woof All:

I am very pleased with the synergy of the DBMA Training Groups in the Midwest.

Here are some fotos of their most recent fight day:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midwesttribe/sets/72157634117815194/

HCTHC!
Guro Crafty
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 06:07:51 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Maul Dog

• View Profile
Re: DBMA Midwest Tribe
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 08:38:00 PM »
Thank you Guro! This was a great event. The Midwest Tribe and guests did an amazing job. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and allowing us to share it with others. We hope to continue strengthening ourselves individually, as Packs, as the Midwest Tribe, and as the Dog Brothers Tribe. Woof! 
Carlos Flores

Smiling Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 08:41:08 PM »
It was a great fight day. Alot of new guys stepping out for the first time and they did well. Other regulars coming out to play also showed improved abilities.  Good fights, great spirit and a talented photographer as you can see. I think by Sept. the Midwest Tribe will be ready and present at the Open. DBIYCB - WOOF  :-D

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 09:46:55 PM »

I am profoundly grateful to have one more day in the park with my friends and brothers.

I am equally grateful for the guidance from Guro Crafty and all of the Dogs, Candidates, and Full Dog Brothers who have helped us through the years.

Woof,

c-Shadow Dog

KenL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2013, 09:03:37 AM »
I'm grateful that this group is within reasonable driving distance from me and I'm looking forward to coming down to train as often as my schedule permits.

I saw a lot of skilled and dedicated practitioners, and a group energy that was very supportive of growth. You guys have a good thing going here. Glad I could take part.

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Early this  morning we went to the  zen garden and sat zazen with greg and dane. We then went down to the park and did a pre-gathering fight day. Full speed, full power with the intention to hit the other guy VERY  hard.  No major injuries or trips to hospital.  Afterward we got back to the house and we realized greg had lost his wallet at some point, so we started to back track,  He had lost it when changing in the bathroom at the park, some of the folks from the New Hope Missionary Baptist Church where having a church potluck at the park and found it and held on to it until we back tracked and they were able to save his day,  Once again people reinforce to my soul that we are good and capable of sharing this planet and really are  watching out for each other.  Such a spiritual day,  Woof!!
c- shadow dog

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 08:45:51 PM »
What a great seminar we had in Chicago with Guro Marc Denny. He gave us a wonderful progression in the Bolo Game from stick to empty hands. He also demonstrated the importance of practicing a drill to develop the skill, then applying the information into functionality. For example, practicing Hubud and Lop Sao Cycle and applying them into Kali Tudo.

Outside of the seminar, it's always a pleasure to hang out with Guro. Conversation was either serious of nature, or playful. And seeing him is like picking up where we left off from his last visit.

Guro, thank you for trusting us and sharing your knowledge. I really appreciate you my friend. Woof!

"Simple Mind, Simple Pleasures"

Carlos

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 09:27:36 PM »
It is my great pleasure to share Adventure with you 8-)

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 08:58:55 PM »
Martial Arts is the Path, Mastery is the Goal. Mastery is a standard to hold yourself to. It is possible that Mastery may never be achieved. You may think you know, but variables may change what you know. You may work on a technique for years and continue to find ways in performing it better. The Martial Arts Path may also change. As we get older, and hopefully wiser, we begin to work more on what our bodies are capable of doing. Dealing with injuries will also affect the Martial Arts Path and the Mastery. So continue on the Path to achieve the Goal, and adapt as needed to always "Walk as a Warrior for All Your Days!"

Dog Carlos Flores

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2013, 09:23:28 PM »
Looking forward to this weekend in Bloomington, IL and participating in BTCOOC. Plus attending a seminar by Crafty Dog. Woof!

Maul Dog

• View Profile
Re: DBMA Midwest Training Groups
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 02:58:47 PM »
We now go by DBMA Midwest Training Groups.

Dog Carlos Flores

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 06:08:11 PM »
I have renamed the thread to reflect the change.

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 07:35:41 PM »
Wait a second, I thought we were the Peoples Front of Judea??

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb_qHP7VaZE[/youtube]

DBMAPFJ

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »
 :mrgreen:

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2013, 01:40:11 PM »
If anyone is ever in the Midwest visiting, or you live here and are looking to train in DBMA or other arts...look us up. We are happy to train with you. Woof!

Dog Carlos Flores

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 06:47:17 AM »
In fact, feel free to contact me directly at losronin@sbcglobal.net.
Woof!

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 01:26:03 PM »
January 11 from 12-2pm, I will be hosting a training on footwork and conditioning. The conditioning will include lite sparring with soft sticks. This event will take place at 1212 Capitol Dr. Unit 6, Addison, IL. 60101. It's the home of Windy City Pekiti-Tirsia Kali. My friend Paul Ingram is helping us with having our event there. This is a free event. For equipment you will need Lacrosse, Hockey, Boxing, and/or MMA gloves. Fencing Mask (or other head gear), mouthpiece, and groin protector. And of course, bring rattan and soft sticks. Perhaps we can go for lunch afterwards. This is a private training for the DBMA Midwest Training Groups, but if you are reading this, consider this a personal invitation from us to you. Hope to see you there. Woof!
Dog Carlos Flores

c - Shadow Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • jkd concepts
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2015, 01:01:38 PM »
The Midwest DBMA confederation of training groups is getting together tomorrow in Bloomington for a 1/2 day of training.

Karen and Robs SIU group is coming up from Carbondale, Greg's group is coming up from Champaign/Urbana and Carlos and Pete's groups are both coming down from Chicago land.

I will be focusing on training 2 man moving attacking blocks drills , 1a and 2a  then move to the drive by, point of the diamond and lower tooth material, i will finish with the crashing material that leads to the fang then pass to the other group leaders for Clinch training.

Pete (Smiling Dog) and Carlos (C- Maul dog) will be focusing on clinch work.

I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Its not to late if your on the fence.

I will post a sit rep later in the weekend.

woof!
C- shadow dog
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:03:36 PM by c - Shadow Dog »

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2015, 08:36:46 AM »
The DBMA Midwest Training Groups continue to strengthen. There is a new strong training group led by Training Group Leader and long time Brotha, Ken Lafleur, out in Detroit. He is surrounded by magnificent people. His partner in crime and another long time Brotha, Taquee, complement each other very well. If you find yourself out there, look them up. WOOF!

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2015, 10:51:21 AM »
The following is our June Get Together highlights. We had participants of all levels. Some with DBMA experience, some without. This is always a great time. Fights were at a reasonable intensity, while others were Dog Brother Gathering level. Enjoy! WOOF!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Tcj29gjnDeVEIzbnZaLTBaYW8/view?usp=docslist_api

Maul Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2015, 02:37:30 PM »
Taquee just sent us the photos from my Detroit seminar but it will take Cindy a while to get to them. (See Fire Hydrant thread)

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2015, 09:07:36 PM »
Very pleased with the Midwest Training Groups attendance at the 2015 Open Gathering. We had a nice size group that consisted of veterans, 2nd timers, and a handful of 1st timers. Congratulations to Greg, Ken, and Jasper on their ascension to Dog status. Well done gentlemen.

WOOF,
Maul Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2015, 10:15:56 AM »
Wwwooofff!!!

Maul Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2015, 01:00:20 PM »
November 7th, the DBMA Midwest Training Groups will be hosting the Annual Beat The Crap Out Of Cancer in IL. Stay tuned for details.