Author Topic: Winter 2013-14 DBMA Training Camp  (Read 5508 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Winter 2013-14 DBMA Training Camp
« on: October 06, 2013, 09:50:14 AM »
Woof All:

We are beginning to plan for the next DBMA Training Camp and would like some feedback as to what months/dates work best for people.

The previous camp was DLO Gun with Frankie McRae and the one before that was DLO Knife/Anti-Knife with GM Art Gonzaltes and the one before that was Kali Tudo with Kenny Johnson.

With this one the cycle comes back around to Real Contact Stickfighting and the guest instructor will be DBMA Guro Matt "Boo Dog" Booe.

Off the top of my head, amongst the areas to be covered:

*Close Guard: I will be sharing my close guard game (something previously unshared)

Long Guard: Guro Boo will be showing his long guard/getting up from guard game-- they are now part of DBMA curriculum

Anti-Guard: Also now part of DBMA curriculum is Guro Boo's anti-guard we call "Dog Leg Game";

*Agility Drills: a few things I picked up from Chris Gizzi here, but mostly this will be Boo;

*The Time Machine; including its subsets of The Kalimba Game and the Bolo Game; A recent development of mine about which I am quite excited.

* Fight analysis, tactics and strategies for different kinds of opponents;

Of course all of this material interfaces with Kali Tudo and DLO--after all in DBMA we seek "Consistency across categories".

Anyway, for the moment we are looking to see when makes most sense to hold the Camp. January? February? March? etc. Any particular weekends to avoid (e.g. during the DB Canadian Gathering of the Pack in February, Superbowl weekend, etc)

WAAWFAYD!
Marc/Guro Crafty

tonehaley

• View Profile
Re: Winter 2013-14 DBMA Training Camp
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 08:53:46 PM »
Mid-February or after would be good for me. That sounds like an outstanding camp. I will do everything I can to be in attendance.

Woof.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:25:41 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Antone. This had fallen off my radar screen.

stilljames

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2014, 11:03:10 PM »
Just checking in for an update so that I can plan my training budget and vacation days for the year.  Any updates on the dates?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 06:27:22 AM »
I've been holding off on announcing this because Boo Dog has been having some back issues that we hoped would clear up but for the moment they are not doing so and so Guro Boo will not be with us.

In lieu thereof I am thinking of a camp of only yours truly, with the subject matter being The Time Machine Game:

The TMG is something that has come strongly to the forefront in the past year for me and I am very excited about it. It is both a stick fighting and empty hand-- a true expression of consistency across categories.

I will post something more complete about it soon.  The probable date will be late spring or early summer.