Author Topic: DBMA East Coast Camp  (Read 6093 times)

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: DBMA East Coast Camp
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 08:37:07 AM »
Register now for a 50% savings on camp! Less than 8 weeks left for our early bird special---Get in now for only $150 for 2 days (or 3 days for instructors)! August 1st the prices go up.

Register here: http://www.mmapayments.com/cpamma/seminar/dbma-camp/
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 10:06:50 AM »
Everyone,

I am excited to see so many of you registering over the past week for the camp.  If you still would like to pay less for the camp and get the first tier discount, simply go to:

http://www.mmapayments.com/cpamma/seminar/dbma-camp/

I will be posting more details at the beginning of next month about the schedule, instructor lineup, etc.

Any questions as always email me at ryan@dogbrothers.com.

Woof!
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
As we get closer to the Annual DBMA East Coast Camp, a number of you have messaged me in regards to how the Dog Tag testing will work on Sunday.  I thought I’d give a brief rundown in hopes of answering all of your questions.

To start, the Dog Tags are 100% optional.  Some people choose to follow their doggy noses through the DBMA material.  Others like to see their progress and have aspirations of being a Black Dog Tag instructor someday.  Everyone, regardless of level, is invited to this camp and you do not need to be a part of DBMA or Dog Brothers to come.  The tags are simply for those interested.

This will be the DBMA Association’s 1st Annual Camp where Dog Tag testing is an option.  Because of this, we acknowledge that many of you interested have yet to receive any type of tag ranking.  At the moment the only way to get DBMA ranked Dog Tags is to train at a certified DBMA school with an instructor of Red Dog Tag or higher who has been approved to test for dog tags.  The rest of you have not had the opportunity, which is why we are offering it at our East Coast Camp.

The people who are interested in the Dog Tag ranking range from new and old practitioners of DBMA who are simply interested in progressing through the ranks to those of you who are group leaders and instructors that have been with DBMA for a long time.

Because of this large disparity in levels, there is truly no way to have a formalized test for each individual dog tag level.  Doing so would simply take too long and would not be efficient.  We have instead opted to simply ask for those of you interested in the Dog Tag ranking to message me at ryan@dogbrothers.com.  The DBMA Guros can discuss you and your history with us along with where your current level may be.  The camp will then be our final evaluation of what level of Dog Tag one might be at which will be awarded at the end of camp.

Yellow and Orange curriculum are up on the DBMA Association page and we encourage all of you that are interested to study the material.  However, you do not need to expect us to quiz you on each individual technique.

Do note that there is a formal test for our instructor levels of Red, Brown and Black (which at this time we do not have anyone testing for at camp).  This could however change as more of our group leaders and instructors inquire about receiving Dog Tag ranking at camp.

If you are interested in pursuing your ranking through Dog Tags please email me at ryan@dogbrothers.com so we can start the process.  Camp registration will need to completed in order for us to consider you as being nominated for the next level of Dog Tag.

I’m looking forward to seeing everyone in a few shorts months for what is looking like an amazing camp with some really great talent coming in to teach.

Woof!

Guro Guard Dog
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn