Author Topic: Mark Kerr Documentary  (Read 5578 times)

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mark Kerr Documentary
« on: April 07, 2004, 07:56:53 PM »
Check out the new release of Mark Kerr's "Smashing Machine" documentary on DVD.  Mark Kerr was a UFC, Pride, etc. fighter.  This is a *fine* behind the scenes, easy going documentary of Mark before and after fights, training (Bas Rutten) and other stuff.  The DVD extras are also a good view, especially the Gracie and "Cauliflower" ear mini movies.

Enjoy,

Gints
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

arkangel

Choke
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 10:32:12 PM »
Is it as good as Choke? Personally I think Choke was fantastic.
Hurcum

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
Mark Kerr Documentary
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2004, 09:42:43 PM »
I haven't checked out "Choke", but it looked more like a collection of
fights.  Were there any good "behind the scenes" DVD extras?
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Arkangel

Choke
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 10:44:38 AM »
Hey Gints, I really like Choke. It was a nice combination of documentary and tournament. The beginning was spent following the fighters in various degrees of depth as they prepared, their hopes and dreams kind of thing. Interesting to watch the cultural differences as far as headspace, preperation and outlook. Some very glaring differences in the process.
The last 1/3rd was the tournament with documentary commentary Watching this now brings back memories of the first UFC's for myself and seeing how far the whole experience has come since then. The American contender interestingly enough realised his dream even though he lost. I saw him on the TV last winter being interviewed for the American Bobsled team. If you can borrow it from a friend it is definitely worth 2 hours of your time. For myself it is very strongly recommended to my students, we actually watched it as a group right after we watched the Noguiera/Sapp fight. Nice combo. Sorry it took so long to reply.
Hey what the hell ever happened to the list on the yahoo groups. it just diasappeared.
Hurcum :D