Author Topic: Walk as warrior for all your days?  (Read 11923 times)

Anonymous

Walk as warrior for all your days?
« on: May 02, 2004, 12:07:30 PM »
Saw the promo trailer. Nice work but what about the guy with the split knee? When I saw it I felt bad for a young and healthy guy gets hurt like that. How long until he recovered? Is he still active in dbma? Does he consider worth it? Is he better fighter now? Just curious.

dogfighter

Re: Walk as warrior for all your days?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 08:31:32 AM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Saw the promo trailer. Nice work but what about the guy with the split knee? When I saw it I felt bad for a young and healthy guy gets hurt like that. How long until he recovered? Is he still active in dbma? Does he consider worth it? Is he better fighter now? Just curious.
                                                                                               I am sure he is a better fighter because of the experience. For one thing I doubt he will leave his knees open as an easy target in the future. I learned that after the first time I was struck in the knee by the very same fighter, Mike (Rain Dog) Florimbi. He has a wicked knee shot but after learning the "Illustrisimo cross step" and the "PIKE" it is not as much of an issue anymore. As far as your other questions are concerned, only one person knows the answers for sure.  Dogfighter

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Walk as warrior for all your days?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 04:17:12 AM »
Woof guro crafty, I basicly had a ques. or two and instead of starting a new thread decided to stick my ques. here....seemed like as good a place as any, since the ques. pertained to dbma and walking as a warrior....
I was watching the grandfathers speak video yesterday.....seems i get something good/different from that video every time i watch it, but anyway.
In one part of the video guro Inosanto was doing a demo with another guy(name escapes me) but they were counting strikes as they were demonstrating them, what caught my attention and made me wonder was that a good number of these strikes were actually thrusts. maybe 60-70% not sure but it seemed like a lot of thrusts.
what made me wonder was do you consider dbma more a stick style than a blade style?
I guess what iam wondering about is the lack of thrusts in dbmaa.
Would you comment on that for me?          tom
Howling Dog

bigdog

• Power User
    • View Profile