Author Topic: Attn: Sun_Helmet--Solomon Kane movie status?  (Read 5663 times)

Spadaccino

• Power User
    • View Profile
Attn: Sun_Helmet--Solomon Kane movie status?
« on: May 05, 2004, 07:34:46 AM »
Rafael,

I remember way back when, you had mentioned that a SOLOMON KANE flick was in the works.

I recently saw a poster for the new Van Helsing movie, and I couldn't help but notice that they have apparently "borrowed" SK's "look", and it got me to thinking...

What's up with the Solomon Kane movie project?  Will our Puritan Swashbuckler ever see the light of day, cinematically speaking?

Thanks,

Dave/Spad/TFS
"And the rapier blades, being so narrow and of so small substance, and made of a very hard temper to fight in private frays... do presently break and so become unprofitable." --Sir John Smythe, 1590

SunHelmet

Solomon Kane
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2004, 04:41:42 PM »
TFS/Dave,

Haven't heard a peep on the Solomon Kane film... I did see VH and saw the resemblance right away. Beyond that it's rather lots of flash with no substance. They should have made the SK film instead.
However, I do have some film related info  on another legendary swordsman.... (which unfortunately I can't divulge ...yet)

;)

--Rafael--
---------
--------
---------
--------

Spadaccino

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Solomon Kane
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 07:18:21 AM »
Quote from: SunHelmet
TFS/Dave,

Haven't heard a peep on the Solomon Kane film... I did see VH and saw the resemblance right away. Beyond that it's rather lots of flash with no substance.

Yeah, I saw it too--the 1st half-hour was interesting (especially the cross-cultural, secret base under the Vatican, where Catholic priests worked side-by-side with Buddhist monks, Sikhs, etc., in order to fight Evil), but after that, it just got bogged down in a lot of action that went... nowhere.

They should have made the SK film instead.

Agreed!

However, I do have some film related info  on another legendary swordsman.... (which unfortunately I can't divulge ...yet)

;)

I eagerly await the time when you can divulge said info!  :D

Peace,

Dave/Spad/TFS

--Rafael--
---------
--------
---------
--------[/quote]
"And the rapier blades, being so narrow and of so small substance, and made of a very hard temper to fight in private frays... do presently break and so become unprofitable." --Sir John Smythe, 1590