Author Topic: chanbara  (Read 7885 times)

dogfighter

chanbara
« on: May 02, 2004, 09:53:11 PM »
I was looking through the "UNITED STATES CHANBARA FEDERATION" website and they list many instructors in the United States. Among this list I found the name Marc Denny of the dogbrothers. Now as far as I could see, all the chanbara teachers listed had the title of instructor, instructor/action flex products rep. and so on. All carried similar titles except one name, Marc Denny. His title is ACTIONFLEX WEAPONS EXPERT. When I saw this I must say, I was not surprised. When I think of him and the dogbrothers  I say to myself, these guys are heads above the rest. P.S.  Crafty, If you would be so kind, could you give us some of your history with this organization.  Sincerely,  Tom Stillman

Anonymous

chanbara
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2004, 03:46:22 PM »
Woof Tom:

Its not complicated.  I think they make excellent padded sticks.  Although more expensive than others, in my opinion they are superior.  This is easier to say for me because I shamelessly exploit my "fame" :wink: and get special treatment.   They even make custom things for me (e.g. a sparring staff per my criteria).

When I return from Europe I will be looking into DBIMA carrying models per our criteria in our catalog here on this site.

Woof,
Crafty

PS:  Will we be seeing you at the Gathering?

chanbara
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 08:20:50 AM »
Chanbara- (A small rodentlike animal with sharp dewclaws native to Richard Gere's dressing room. )

Tom Stillman

Chanbara
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2004, 05:09:47 PM »
I think your confusing it with gerbils. Although both could be used in the same manner. he,he

Tom Stillman

Gathering
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 12:40:33 PM »
It looks like I won't be able to make the gathering due to my work schedule, but  I have been spreading the word. I am setting my sights on the next gathering. Also like the cooler weather that time of the year.   P.S. I saw your picture in this months issue of Black Belt magazine in an article titled (9 tips to becoming a better stick fighter) or something like that. Good shot.  Hope to see ya at the next one. Your friend and follower, Tom Stillman.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
chanbara
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 04:01:21 PM »
Woof Tom:

Tail wags for the kind words.  We'll see you at the fall Gathering.  The BB article is news to me.  Who is on the cover?

Crafty

Tom Stillman

B B MAG
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2004, 04:16:24 PM »
Just glanced through it briefly at the news stand. All I can say is it has a light blue cover with two guys sparring. Will have more info for you tomorrow.  Tom

Tom Stillman

Photo
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2004, 10:38:11 PM »
Hi Crafty, The picture is in the July issue of black belt magazine.(Hee ll Cho ) on cover. Maybe it's a photo they used in a past article or maybe not. $$$

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
chanbara
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 05:05:57 AM »
I just saw it yesterday at the newstand.  Its a previously unused foto from I shoot I did for them with Surf Dog.  Thanks for the heads up!