Author Topic: Individual training with Crafty  (Read 3850 times)

rtcodd

• View Profile
Individual training with Crafty
« on: March 01, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
Hello all,

I just recently completed 10 hours of individual training with Crafty Dog and because it was such an awesome experience for me I wanted to publicly post a little about the experience.  Let me say at the outset that it exceeded my expectations.  I found him to be quite generous with his knowledge and quite a proficient teacher.  We covered a wide range of areas in those 10 hours (staff, Kali Tudo, single stick, sinawalli, some grappling and some die less often material).  I enjoyed everything, but I particularly enjoyed the Kali Tudo material as well as the die less often material.  One of the things that really stood out to me about the experience was how important it was to experience much of that material first hand.  I had seen the videos prior to training with him and while I gleaned much from the videos I was able to realize a much greater appreciation of the material by actually experiencing it (although he did not limit the material we trained solely to material found on his videos...there were lots of other goodies).  Also, there's always those details you don't pick up when you self-teach...he was able to help me clean up some things and notice some things that I had overlooked on the videos.  I'm very anxious to return and complete some additional training with him.  If you've been thinking about training with him and haven't, do yourself a favor and arrange a time to go train with him individually.

Trent