Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2016, 04:07:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
94240 Posts in 2307 Topics by 1081 Members
Latest Member: Martel
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Gender, Gay, Lesbian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print
Author Topic: Gender, Gay, Lesbian  (Read 152939 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #550 on: April 02, 2016, 02:09:38 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/04/01/california-man-dressed-woman-busted-videoing-womens-bathroom/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
G M
Power User

« Reply #551 on: April 02, 2016, 07:13:13 PM »

rolleyes My shocked face.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #552 on: April 18, 2016, 10:03:52 PM »

http://www.acpeds.org/the-college-speaks/position-statements/gender-ideology-harms-children
ccp
Power User

« Reply #553 on: April 19, 2016, 06:07:37 AM »

Wow.  Heads of a medical organization that publishes a position paper that is NOT politically correct!

Thank God there are others like me who do not like the encroachment of all this political correctness into medicine.

Why just a few days ago I read the American College of Physicians position paper on guess what - a topic very relevant to providing health care to people - "climate change".

Political correctness is metastasizing throughout the medical literature.   Like I have posted before the CDC who I had the privilege of doing some part time work with is all over the political correctness map.  They do spectacular work and provide the world with needed control of disease.  But for the life of me some of their ventures are out of their bounds and sound very politically motivated - surely coming down from the present White House.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #554 on: April 23, 2016, 04:25:01 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/03/repentant-transsexual-warns-jenner-the-hangover-is-coming/

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/21/drop-the-t-from-lgbt/
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #555 on: April 24, 2016, 12:21:57 PM »

Let's drop the B (and Q) too.  Being confused, undecided, inconsistent, questioning, indiscriminate or promiscuous is not a gender.  Look at your genitals and use the right bathroom. 

Can't we drop the L too?  Aren't lesbians gay?  Or no?  And when did we lose the meaning of the word gay from our language?  Can we have that word back?  If you are homo-sexual, you can say so or keep your private life private.  Same sex attraction is not a synonym for happy.  Some are less happy.  What word to heteros get?  Straight?  Who gave us that label?  Do we teach our language from Meriam Webster or from the 'urban dictionary'?

For the record, we on the right want more privacy, personal freedom, and liberty to pursue happiness for (all people including) gay people than do those on the left.  The right to keep the fruits of your labor and investment, the right to choose your own healthcare, the right to opt in or out of a union, the right to NOT be asked 300 personal questions on the census, personal property rights and the right to have the government off of your land, the right to choose your own charities and not have your social causes forced on you by the government, the right to bear arms and defend yourself and your household, and on and on.  Too bad no one ever makes that point to Democrat constituent groups.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #556 on: April 24, 2016, 03:21:43 PM »

Doug, this is one discussion of the evolution of the word "gay":

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/517/how-did-gay-come-to-mean-homosexual

I don't buy this part below.  Of course the word became mainstream in part because of a push from homosexuals so to deny this (and it is "no big deal" rather exposes the writer's agenda)

"This is more the result of the squeamish attitude of the straight world than any organized campaign on the part of gays, and in any case it's no big deal;"
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #557 on: April 24, 2016, 04:27:29 PM »

Imagine if heteros labeled themselves a positive name for being heterosexual along the lines of 'lighthearted and cheerful', implying that others are not.  You would face lawsuits and criminal charges.
G M
Power User

« Reply #558 on: April 24, 2016, 04:30:09 PM »

Kind of ironic for a group prone to clinical depression and suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: