Author Topic: Historical Escrima Footage Online  (Read 5643 times)

Sheep Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Historical Escrima Footage Online
« on: August 04, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »
For those of you interested we have decided to post closed door training footage from the mid eighties of Antonio 'Tatang' Ilustrisimo and Master Tony Diego. For a long time this video was rumored to exist but no one had actually seen it.

There are only two clips totalling about ten minutes online now but we will be bringing more online as time and server space allows. We have literally hours of tape of training from Luneta park in Manila, and in Tatang's living room.

Please take a moment to check them out.

http://www.florofighting.com articles and video section

Enjoy,

Marc
-Never Mistake Patience and Tolerance for Weakness-

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:49:50 PM »
Thanks for posting the new movies, in particular the "Tatang" video.  Such footage is the only direct record we have of the masters and the movements they intended to pass on.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 10:10:16 PM »
All:

In the mid 90s, Punong Guro Edgar Sulite shared some footage of GM Tatang I.  I showed it to Top Dog who was very impressed.

Also, there is an excerpt of some footage of Surf Dog training with GM I. in Luneta while in Manila for a movie which appears at the end of our "Combining Stick & Footwork"  PG Edgar cleared for us to use the footage in our video.

Crafty

Sheep Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2004, 11:24:41 PM »
I think it's important we keep the memory of the old Masters alive, and video is an excellent way to do so.

Ray Floro has about six hours of tape of himself with GM Ilustrisimo, as well as vids of himself and PG Sulite as young men training together. Though people know of Ray primarily as an Ilustrisimo Eskrimador he is also an Antas Tatlo / 3rd Degree under PG Sulite.

I have added a video of Tatang and Tony Diego training as well.

Marc
-Never Mistake Patience and Tolerance for Weakness-