Author Topic: question about shipping costs  (Read 5132 times)

Thomas (Guest)

question about shipping costs
« on: August 18, 2004, 03:07:20 PM »
Woof to the pack,

I just wanted to ask what the additional fee(s) for shipping to Europe (Germany) would be? (I'd like to purchase a single rattan stick...).

Greetings & keep up the good work!

Thomas

BTW (@Crafty Dog): I think I have read in some posts of yours that you tend towards a rather 'biological' or perhaps 'evolutionary' way of explaining human behaviour...(think it was the "violence against women" thread)... Do you happen to know a book called "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
question about shipping costs
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 04:21:59 PM »
Woof Thomas:

My wife Cindy is in charge of Reality and I'm in charge of Everything Else.  Your question falls under the heading of Reality and I've notified Cindy about your post here.  You might also reach her directly at info@dogbrothers.com

As for your question about evolutionary biology and evo-psychology, you are right that this is an area of great interest to me.  I am familiar with the Morris book, but prefer the works of Konrad Lorenz (after whom my son Conrad is named btw).  KL, a Nobel laureate was an Austrian Scientist who died about 10 years ago.  Thus his works are usually quite available in German.  First and foremost I would recommend "On Aggression" and also "Behind the Mirror" (the evolutionary building blocks of consciousness)  and "The Waning of Humanness" (written towards the end of his life delineating the bio underpinnings of problems normally seen in geo-political terms).  In addition to being a writer of science, he was also a fine story teller, see "Man Meets Dog" (Wonderful) "King Solomon's Ring".  

Also recommend is Richard (Robert?) Wright "The Moral Animal" and "Non-zero Sum; the logic of Human Destiny".  

There's many more, but this should suffice for a while.

Woof,
Crafty Dog