Author Topic: The knives you carry?  (Read 5143 times)

Anonymous

The knives you carry?
« on: August 23, 2004, 09:37:42 PM »
What kind of knife or knives do you guys carry? What made you choose that knife?

bart

• View Profile
    • http://www.capitaldocepares.com
The perfect carry...
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:19:53 PM »
Hey,

I carry a swiss army knife with a blade under 2 inches. I carry it because it is mostly legal every where that I go and with the metal outside it makes a wicked pocket stick. Also it has a really sharp but not illegal leather punch. Mostly I deploy it quickly to cut rope and open the occasional brew, but it's there if I need it for other more "tactical" reasons.

I used to carry a larger and much more quickly drawn knife. But out here in Cali I decided the best way to go is the legally defensible way.
Be Cool

------------------
Capital Doce Pares
www.capitaldocepares.com

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
The knives you carry?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:50:08 PM »
I am going to be honest here and say that I don't carry a knife most of the time.  I am going to assume you mean carry for self defense.  I live in a college town and the chances of having to use it for self protection are slim to none.  There is more of a chance that I would have to use self defense because some drunken frat kid decided I looked at him wrong, not because someone is trying to hurt a family member.  Also, I think you have to think of the legality behind it, if you decide to pull a knife on someone you better be ready to kill and kill for a good cause, that I just to see happening where I live.  Now if I lived in a big city and I know some of the members here do, that would be another story.  As for the ?rest? of the time I carry my Leatherman!

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com