Author Topic: Black Eagle society and Dogbrothers?  (Read 15000 times)

So fresh and So clean

Black Eagle society and Dogbrothers?
« on: September 14, 2004, 05:19:25 PM »
Howdy,
Guru Crafty, I know that you've stated that other than correspondence,  the two organizations have no ties, but I was wondering if any Black Eagle society members have participated at Dogbrother gatherings or if any Dogbrothers have participated at Black Eagle Society gatherings and what thier experiance was. Thanks! Simply curious..

Kris Dynamite Dunnage

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 01:47:44 PM »
Easy Mate

My names Kris Dunnage, i am a black eagle member and fought at the summer gathering of the pack.It was a fantastic expeirience,even with the 5 stitches i recieved,cheers pappy lol.It was a great opportunity to meet some fellow (nutters) warriors and made me a much better fighter.The whole expierence opened my eyes. If you aint had ago yet mate,get stuck in.

Nice to speak to you guys again,i'll be seeing ya all next year

Kris
 :twisted:

Crafty Dog

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 02:39:43 PM »

so fresh so clean

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 05:37:02 PM »
Kris,
Did you see any diffrences between a Dogbrother gathering and how its done with the Black eagle society? Either in range or methods of closing or prefered techniques? Is there that much diffrence in the gear used? How many matches do you have to be in to be a Black Eagle society member? Thanks! Do either of you, kris and guru crafty, know if any Dogbrothers have particpated over at an Black Eagle society gathering? Thanks!

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2004, 10:38:43 AM »
WOOF!! I dont mean to interupt this thread, I just wanted to yell a greeting to Kris across the pond!!
Hope all is going well with you!!! Keep swinging those sticks!!
Good to see your post!!  take care!
                      Tom
Howling Dog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2004, 10:49:58 AM »
Woof SFSC et al:

There's a great picture of Kris (with Pappy Dog and me) in this thread.

http://dogbrothers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=387

As for DBs at BE events, not to my knowledge-- although some of the BEs attended my second seminar in England (host Krishna Godhania).

Woof,
Crafty Dog

Kris Dynamite Dunnage

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 12:32:11 PM »
Hi again SFSC

They are pretty much the same set up,you turn up and some body asks if you'd like to fight.Another thing that the same is the atmosphere, theres a certain gallows houmour amongst the fighters.I noticed that there is a bigger emthasis to use big powerful strikes during the gathering,with those big sticks the DB's use,let me tell ya its pretty bloody scary.

The DB's also use much lighter armour.We use the standard W.E.K.A.F helmets and either cricket gloves or ice hockey gloves (Go Kings lol).We also use much lighter sticks, you still get those lovely welts that we all love but they also give you an opportunity to use abit more technique.

Your normally a member of the BE's after your third meeting, however they may now be different.

I hope that answers your questions mate.

Easy Tom

I hope your well mate, i hope i'll be seeing ya again next year?

Kris
 :twisted:

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 05:14:07 PM »
Woof Kris, Hope to see you next year, if i have my way,I'll be there.
Still a little early to say for sure, Iam hoping!
Woof Guro crafty, that picture is a classic!!  8)
                               Tom
Howling Dog

so fresh so clean

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 05:46:02 PM »
Thanks!

Anonymous

Re: Black Eagle society and Dogbrothers?
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2004, 08:14:49 AM »
Quote from: So fresh and So clean
Howdy,
Guru Crafty, I know that you've stated that other than correspondence,  the two organizations have no ties, but I was wondering if any Black Eagle society members have participated at Dogbrother gatherings or if any Dogbrothers have participated at Black Eagle Society gatherings and what thier experiance was. Thanks! Simply curious..

Why not just say, if all the Dog Brothers had a big fight with the Black Eagle Society, who would win?

That's clearly what you REALLY wanted to ask     ;D

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Black Eagle society and Dogbrothers?
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2004, 09:17:34 AM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: So fresh and So clean
Howdy,

Why not just say, if all the Dog Brothers had a big fight with the Black Eagle Society, who would win?

That's clearly what you REALLY wanted to ask     ;D

Humm,
  I don't think that is what he meant.  I think the question was geared more towards if any different styles or techniques came out in the process of the gathering, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com