Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 09:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
82128 Posts in 2247 Topics by 1047 Members
Latest Member: MikeT
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Gender, Gay, Lesbian
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print
Author Topic: Gender, Gay, Lesbian  (Read 94462 times)
objectivist1
Power User

« Reply #500 on: February 28, 2014, 10:46:15 AM »

Uganda’s Anti-Gay Laws and Leftist Silence

Posted By Arnold Ahlert On February 28, 2014

On Monday, President Yoweri Museveni of Uganda signed into law harsh, anti-gay legislation. The law includes provisions that would jail repeat offenders for life, outlaw any promotion of homosexuality, and require the Ugandan people to denounce it. In the face of genuine persecution of gay people, of course, the LGBT community and their supporters are conspicuously silent. And while the Obama administration has released a statement criticizing the law, most black activists remain completely MIA as well, including the man leading the charge against the anti-gay marriage agenda in America, Eric Holder.

This largely non-reaction to the far more serious developments in Uganda stands in stark contrast to the efforts by both entities on the home front. Holder, who wholeheartedly embraces the selective law enforcement agenda that has become the trademark of the Obama administration, has extended that agenda to the gay marriage debate. Speaking to the National Association of Attorneys General on Tuesday, Holder advised his state counterparts that they needn’t defend the laws of their states they consider discriminatory.

Holder cited his own experience with the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) as the template state attorneys general should apparently follow. ”Any decisions — at any level — not to defend individual laws must be exceedingly rare,” Holder said at the meeting. “And they must never stem merely from policy or political disagreements–hinging instead on firm constitutional grounds.” He then added that his own view is that “we must be suspicious of legal classifications based solely on sexual orientation.”

One is left to wonder how those constitutional grounds are determined if a state attorney general can simply refuse to defend a challenge to any law they themselves deem to be discriminatory before a trial takes place. Moreover it is hard to see how the refusal to defend the rule of law would be anything but a political act.

Alabama Attorney General Luther Strange of the Republican Attorneys General Association eviscerated this dangerous nonsense. ”A state attorney general has a solemn duty to the state and its people to defend state laws and constitutional provisions against challenge under federal law. To refuse to do so because of personal policy preferences or political pressure erodes the rule of law on which all of our freedoms are founded. A government that does not enforce the law equally will lead our society to disrespect the rule of law,” he said in a statement.

Political pressure is a specialty of the LGBT community whose most recent focus has been a religious protection law proposed by the state of Arizona, which was recently vetoed by Gov. Jan Brewer in light of an enormous public outcry. The purpose of pointing out what happened in Arizona is not to evaluate the pros or cons of Brewer’s recent veto. It is to demonstrate the enormous power of a mobilized LGBT community that apparently feels no similar compulsion to mobilize against Museveni in Uganda. Even as they remained focused on Arizona, the Red Paper, a Ugandan tabloid, published a list of 200 people it accused of being gay under the headline “Exposed!” ”Uganda’s 200 top homos named,” the paper declared. “In salutation to the new law, today we unleash Uganda’s top homos and their sympathisers,” it added, compiling a list of those who had declared their sexuality and those who hadn’t. The list included activists, priests and music stars.

Frank Mugisha, director of the group Sexual Minorities Uganda, illuminated the implications of the new law. ”We’re going to see people getting beaten on the streets, we’re going to see people thrown out by their families, we’re going to see people being evicted by their landlords, we’re going to see people losing jobs, we’re going to see people thrown out of school, because they are  perceived or not as homosexuals,” he warned. “Even the suspicion will get someone in trouble.”

It is trouble welcomed by Uganda’s Muslim leaders. “It takes a courageous leader to defy all the western powers who have gone as far a threatening to cut off aid to Uganda in case the president signs the anti-gay bill,” said Hajji Nsereko Mutumba, the Uganda Muslim Supreme Council (UMSC) Public Relations Officer, in a statement.

Perhaps it takes no courage at all, either for Museveni or the LGBT community and Eric Holder. Forbes Magazine contributor Cedric Mohammed explains that geo-political concerns take precedence over human rights issues. “Despite the strong rhetoric coming from the Obama administration over the signing of an anti-Homosexual law by Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni, there is no way President Obama will allow the issue to compromise long-standing American military interests in the region and there’s little chance the LGBT political establishment will ask him to….Militarization trumps everything else as evidenced by the influential LGBT-rights group, The Human Rights Commission’s lack of lobbying on the issue,” he writes.

No doubt that decision is made easier by the left’s general contempt for Christian values and Western civilization. Yet the outpouring of vituperation against the “cartoonish” bigotry or “vile” exclusivity of Christians opposed to endorsing the gay agenda stands in odious contrast to the LGBT calculated silence surrounding Uganda’s unquestionably reprehensible — and possibly deadly — treatment of homosexuals. That hypocrisy goes double for Eric Holder, whose sense of outrage for any injustice directed at homosexuals and people of color apparently fails to extend itself beyond the borders of the United States.

Thus, barring a sudden change of heart, the genuine persecution of gays in Uganda will not be impeded by the self-professed champions of tolerance and human rights. In short, if the LGBT community and Eric Holder didn’t have double-standards, they’d have no standards at all.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #501 on: February 28, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »

"Political pressure is a specialty of the LGBT community whose most recent focus has been a religious protection law proposed by the state of Arizona, which was recently vetoed by Gov. Jan Brewer in light of an enormous public outcry. The purpose of pointing out what happened in Arizona is not to evaluate the pros or cons of Brewer’s recent veto. It is to demonstrate the enormous power of a mobilized LGBT community that apparently feels no similar compulsion to mobilize against Museveni in Uganda."

Exactly so.  Pair this with the Jonah Goldberg piece I just posted in the rants thread.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #502 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:44 AM »

"It is truly vile and disgusting that the LBGT “activist” organizations in this
country and abroad (such as Human Rights Campaign) are SILENT about these
atrocities…"

http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/gay-executions-iran-today-cafetheresa.html/

Edited to reflect that the words above are not mine, but ones with which I agree.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 10:42:26 AM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
G M
Power User

« Reply #503 on: March 03, 2014, 09:17:51 AM »

It is truly vile and disgusting that the LBGT “activist” organizations in this
country and abroad (such as Human Rights Campaign) are SILENT about these
atrocities…

http://pamelageller.com/2014/03/gay-executions-iran-today-cafetheresa.html/

Lefty activists respect those that will kill them.
objectivist1
Power User

« Reply #504 on: March 03, 2014, 10:00:21 AM »

You are exactly correct, G M - gay activists, many black race-mongers, and sadly, many liberal Jews, including those in leadership positions at organizations like the ADL - are frankly - SUICIDAL.

"You have enemies?  Good.  That means that you have stood up for something, sometime in your life." - Winston Churchill.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #505 on: March 03, 2014, 10:43:03 AM »

Just a mass contagion of vaginitis , , ,
objectivist1
Power User

« Reply #506 on: March 03, 2014, 10:51:08 AM »

LOL!!  Now THAT is something a snarky gay man would say, Crafty!  cheesy

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #507 on: March 04, 2014, 04:40:13 PM »

And here I was thinking I was riffing with what we say when someone comes up with a lame excuse for backing out of a day of stickfighting. smiley

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/california-gov-signs-law-mandating-pro-gay-curriculum/

ccp
Power User

« Reply #508 on: March 04, 2014, 06:00:10 PM »

I don't care about sexual orientation but do we have to glorify sodomy?   Do we really need a history courses about the greatest butt @#$$%%% or cock@#$%^ in history?

Mandating this?

What the hell is going on?

God almighty - enough.
G M
Power User

« Reply #509 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:02 PM »

They have to throw a little variety into the endless bashing of America and western civilization.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #510 on: March 05, 2014, 05:31:19 PM »

I think our side needs to come up with a pithy statement that reaches the majority of the people and is able to stand up to the "collective militant enthusiasm" (the term comes from Konrad Lorenz and has meaning) of liberal fascism.

Coincidentally enough, I think I have one.  LOL

"You are free to do what you like, I am free to make of it what I will-- and vice versa."

Or, more-longwindedly: 

"As long as people are free to do and be responsible for whatever they like.  Equally, others are free to make of it what they will."

"The free to make of it what your will" gives a way for those who self-identify as "tolerant" (seeing this as being offered by the other side at present they are on the other side)  to self-identify as tolerant on our side (we tolerate both sides).  Whereas as those who do discern/judge can find room within our tent as well.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #511 on: March 05, 2014, 05:48:13 PM »

second post

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/03/05/transgender-student-recants-story-made-up-assault/?subscriber=1
Killbot

« Reply #512 on: April 29, 2014, 09:41:26 AM »

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/anti-gay-group-buying-from-small-businesses-that-dont-discriminate-is-bullying-christians/news/2014/04/28/86464

I don't usually post here, but I know theres a variety of opinions and viewpoints here that I respect.

Earlier this month, Republican Gov. Phil Bryant signed into law the Mississippi Religious Freedom Restoration Act that lets Christians — or anyone of any faith — off the hook. As of July 1, they will be able to say, “We don’t serve gay people here,” and the subject of their anti-gay hate will have zero legal recourse except to turn around and walk away. They can’t sue, because the person of faith is merely exercising their right to practice their faith as they see fit.

Okay, its a law now. Fine and dandy. Now you can turn someone away from a public business/discriminate according to your beliefs.

So in responce to this, we see some business do this:

Awesome. Great. Good marketing point also.

Then we hear this:

Buddy Smith, American Family Association’s executive vice president, told the AFA that customers who do business with stores that have the stickers in their windows “are agreeing with these businesses that Christians no longer have the freedom to live out the dictates of their Christian faith and conscience.”

“It’s not really a buying campaign, but it’s a bully campaign,” he added, “it’s being carried out by radical homosexual activists who intend to trample the freedom of Christians to live according to the dictates of scripture.

“They don’t want to hear that homosexuality is sinful behavior – and they wish to silence Christians and the church who dare to believe this truth.”

Annnnndddd reality has left the building. How, in any certain terms , does this constitue bullying when the other thing is backed by the force of LAW!!!??? How is this bullying when all it says is, "those guys over there won't serve you, but we will."

are agreeing with these businesses that Christians no longer have the freedom to live out the dictates of their Christian faith and conscience.”

Patently false. You still have the freedom live your life and run your business according to your faith...what you can't do is force another business to NOT serve someone because of your faith. Or impose your faith on others to the detriment of their business.
Or is part of Christianty to force your beliefs on everyone around you? Is there some Shiara type law system in the New Testament I managed to miss?

“it’s being carried out by radical homosexual activists who intend to trample the freedom of Christians to live according to the dictates of scripture.

By what, not letting you dictate who someone else can and can not serve at their establishment?!

and they wish to silence Christians and the church who dare to believe this truth.

How exactly? By putting up stickers saying they will serve people you won't. Are they putting them over your mouth or something?

Its like these people are saying "We don't want your business....but we don't want you going anywhere else to do business either."

If thats not some form of bullying and non-sense I don't know what is.

One of the best examples of double-think, martyrdom and victimhood I have seen. Not only are they now allowed to discriminate...by law...but they somehow see other people continuing to do business as usual as somehow an attack on them?

Wow...just wow. Drowning in the absurdity.

(FYI,. I don't think anyone should have to serve anyone they don't want to[exception being basic utilities and necesseties, IMO]. Its a free market. That should be the law.

I can't wait for a  Muslim to refuse service to a Jew or Christian at some point and see how that works out.....)
G M
Power User

« Reply #513 on: April 29, 2014, 01:43:21 PM »

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/12/12/Christian-Baker-Willing-to-Go-to-Jail-for-Declining-Gay-Wedding-Cake
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:59:44 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #514 on: July 03, 2014, 11:48:28 AM »

ccp:  "Hillary is about to continue the trend with this men vs women thing.

Did you see the article about Pepsi's CEO lamenting how women cannot still "have it all".    As though choosing between motherhood, wifehood, and a career is a tragedy, or a conscious effort to suppress women.

Don't men have to choose between a career, fatherhood, and husbanhood?

I have cousins, the wife works a professional career and the husband stays home and is a Dad and husband.  The kids seem wonderful and as far as I know happy.   

So Ms CEO of Pepsi:

I congratulate you on your truly astonishing accomplishments.   But I don't feel sorry for you.  You have no gripe."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Dad's biggest regret on his death bed was that he could not spend more time with us growing up (because he had to work so much).  Women who choose career and daycare to raise their children might feel some of that regret too.  I was with my daughter almost everyday growing up with no regret but have big regret for the neglect that put on my career.

The number of hours in the day to do everything we wish we could do is a limiting factor that affects everyone equally.  Make your choices and quit griping.  Better yet with free speech, gripe all you want but we don't want to hear it.

G M
Power User

« Reply #515 on: July 03, 2014, 01:27:51 PM »

First world problems. Waaaahh!
G M
Power User

« Reply #516 on: July 03, 2014, 09:53:04 PM »

I'm sure the women in the muslim world with masses of scar tissue where their genitals used to be would be very sad to read about the difficulties faced by middle and upper class women of the first world. Luckily, most aren't allowed to learn to read, thus sparing them the discomfort of learning how tough life can be for a female CEO.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #517 on: August 02, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »

http://dcgazette.com/11-year-old-boy-being-changed-into-girl-california-change-procedures-on-children/

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/27/health/transgender-kids/
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:02:45 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: