Author Topic: Dance Card for the Gathering  (Read 5631 times)

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
Dance Card for the Gathering
« on: November 04, 2004, 02:54:22 PM »
The one thing I hate about Gatherings is finding a fight that day.  In the two Gatherings I have been at, I only lined-up one fight ahead of time, after that I just walked up to a group of fighters and announced I wanted to fight someone.  That worked OK, but I liked having a fight set before the day of the Gathering.

The problem with setting-up fights before the Gathering is that I still don't know most of you.  So I thought I would attempt this internet version of walking up to a group of fighters and asking for a fight.

If anyone accepts my invitation/challenge/offer, it is tenative.  Either of us can back out for any reason - got hurt, over matched, done fighting, don't want to fight, whatever.

I'll give the same infomation you would have if I walked up to you at the Gathering - my real name is Corey Davis, I am about 6' and 300lbs.

I want to line-up at least seven fights.

Corey Davis
corey.davis@ccpoa.org
I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. That's a handy little piece of information.
- Ron White

http://ironpunk.blogspot.com/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2004, 06:26:44 AM »
Francisco Taruc sounded interested.  I think he is also thinking about the Tinkoff brothers.

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2004, 11:39:02 AM »
Great.

After the last Gathering, I realized that mentally I had only prepared myself for three fights because at my first Gathering I only fought three times.  So this time I am trying to keep that inner voice in check and set my expectation higher.

So far I have three fights lined-up.  Taruc would be four.  I am also trying to contact a few others.

Is there a way to have a page (on the membership side) that has email addresses of DB memebers and/or registered fighters?  Maybe after I have been around longer, this won't be a problem, but right now it would help.

Does anyone know if Grinning Dog is coming to this Gathering and how to contact him?
I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. That's a handy little piece of information.
- Ron White

http://ironpunk.blogspot.com/