Author Topic: DB Real contact tournament ?  (Read 12412 times)

Black Grass

DB Real contact tournament ?
« on: June 06, 2003, 07:29:15 AM »
Guro Marc,

I understand that the DB fights are about ritual combat and the number one rule 'friends at the end of the day'  is how you keep things from getting out of hand.

With that said, If the DB real contact fighting was done as a part tourney (with winners and losers) or became a professional sport ( fights for money like the UCF, which I know you approached and were turned down for being too extreme).

How would you change the rules of the game to keep things in check?

Vince
aka Black Grass

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 08:36:23 AM »
Woof BG:

Why do you ask?

Crafty Dog

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2003, 08:02:54 AM »
Quote from: Crafty_Dog
Woof BG:

Why do you ask?

Crafty Dog

Basically just curiosity. I was watching old UFC ( i think it was 2 or 3)  and just started thinking how much it has changed. Then my mind went to how the DB approached the UFC and if there was money involved how could you make it safer since the be friends at the end of the day would no longer apply.  Then I got the image from one of your videos I saw of Sled Dog spearing from the mount and thought wow what if he really put all his force behind it or worse speared the a persons face or throat. I thought that must be the type of techiniqe that would have to be against the rules. Which just got my mind going more on other techniques that might have to be banned. My mind wanders alot.

As I have participated in this type of fights what keeps me from really hurting someone when given the opportunity is my morales and that I see my 'opponent' as a training partner as opposed to as my enemy.

By changing the reason one fights to that of money would change the approach takes to the fight. As I'm sure there would be people fighting with integrity and not try to purposely try to do serious damage to a person. There are always going to be people who will fight and try to win by any means necessary. How do you prevent people like that from stepping over the line.

Hence my question.

Thx,

Vince
aka Black Grass