Author Topic: Any Training Groups Near San Diego?  (Read 13760 times)

John Partika

• View Profile
Any Training Groups Near San Diego?
« on: November 04, 2008, 01:50:47 PM »
Just wondering if there were any DBMA training groups within the general area of San Diego, California. Thanks in advance.
"Receiving human life, one should vow to transcend the rest of humanity, and be of aid to men. Exhausting his mind for others and making this his satisfaction to the end of time."

John Partika
White Dragon Martial Art School
Choy Li Fut Kung Fu

bjung

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Any Training Groups Near San Diego?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 07:49:01 PM »
i think there are a couple of pack members around San Diego. If you are willing to make the drive up to LA on saturdays, the DBMA class at the Inosanto Academy is well worth the trip.

rmctaggart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »
I recently moved to the San Diego area.  I have a nmber of the Dog Brothers DVD's and routinely train the material presented (although I am not in any way authorized or endorsed by any of the Dog Brothers).  I also trained with Burton Richardson, who is featured in DBMA Series One, for two years.  If you ever want to get together and train let me.  Also if anyone associated with the Dog Brothers is in San Diego I'd love to know. 

rrwilsonk9

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 09:46:26 PM »
I am also interested in a place around Sana Diego.  I trained with Lonely Dog for a year and half and would be willing to train with anyone.
Maybe we could get a car pool to go up to train on Saturdays at the DBMA class at the Inosanto Academy. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 09:50:19 PM by rrwilsonk9 »

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 10:38:18 PM »
I'd love to see you guys on Saturday.  In the meantime, how close are you to Chula Vista?

Michael Ritz and Greg Moody - Apprentice Instructor
Practical Defense Systems
Chula Vista, CA
619-213-8205
mritz@cox.net

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2008, 01:06:36 PM »
I have always had high regard for Guro Narrie Babao. (He can be seen in our "Grandfathers Speak" DVD)  He lives somewhere in the San Diego area.  I have been given permission by his son to post his contact info here:

" His e-mail Narrie_b@hotmail.com. His cell (619) 980-6144"

rmctaggart

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:54:42 PM »
My job as an LEO causes me to have a rotating schedule so the trip up to L.A. for a Saturday class may be hard to swing for now.  Thanks for the local contacts, I will try to touch base with them to see of training arrangements can be made.

Gibby

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »
I have always had high regard for Guro Narrie Babao. (He can be seen in our "Grandfathers Speak" DVD)  He lives somewhere in the San Diego area.  I have been given permission by his son to post his contact info here:

" His e-mail Narrie_b@hotmail.com. His cell (619) 980-6144"

I realize this is an old thread but wanted to update the info. and confirm that Guro Babao is teaching at his school on Mercury Street (Kearny Mesa).

I have tried to get in touch with both the gentlemen above who live in San Diego to train, not sure how much luck I will have since it has been 3 years- LOL

Thanks-
James Gibson (Gibby)
dian~hsuhe