Author Topic: Crafty Dog in Zurich, Switzerland Sept 3-4  (Read 5719 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Crafty Dog in Zurich, Switzerland Sept 3-4
« on: August 29, 2005, 12:48:50 AM »
September 3 - 4, 2005
Zurich, SWITZERLAND
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Seminar
Featuring Guro Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny
Contact Benjamin Rittiner
lonelydog@bluewin.ch

DanJuanDeSiga

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DAMAG_Kali_Stickfighting
Safe Journey
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 02:14:55 PM »
May you have a blessedly safe flight to and fro Guro Crafty. I'd love to read about the trip upon your return.

Daniel Arola

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Crafty Dog in Zurich, Switzerland Sept 3-4
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 04:50:48 AM »
Woof All:

As always a stellar time with my good friends Lonely Dog, Cornelia & Robin.

On Friday evening and Saturday morning the training was "DBMA Instructors only".  After discussing why knife has not been part of the DBMA public curriculum so far and how we will be handling it in the future,  I went into what is still closed door material for knife defense that will be coming out in a few months as well as some material that will remain in-house.

Attending the main seminar were people from Norway, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain.  

By popular request, the Saturday seminar started with "Kali Tudo (r)" and stayed there.  It was the first time I ever did a full day of empty hand and it was a lot of fun.

On Sunday we focused on "Los Triques Single Stick" and finished with "KT elbows for clinch".

After that it was time for the "DB Invitational Gathering of the Pack".  A great pleasure for me to see so many, several fighting like this for the first time, to do so well.   As always, Lonely Dog was formidable and his staff fight with Dog Ivan was the fight of the day-- on the basis of this fight Ivan is now Ivan "C-Kuma Dog" Riboli  (Kuma being Japanese for "Bear")  A hearty howl of congratulations to C-Kuma Dog!!!

Woof,
Crafty Dog

DanJuanDeSiga

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DAMAG_Kali_Stickfighting
Congrats to the bear!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 08:06:42 AM »
I'm glad to read about how great a time everyone had during training. Though I only attended only one DBMA seminar 9-10 yrs ago when I lived back in Houston, TX..  it is to this day one of my most thoroughly memorable training experiences. Reading about this recent report triggered back to the present how great it felt to experience training and fighting under the guidance and wisdom of Guro Crafty. That also includes
the RUSH and excitement that I along with the rest of us in attendance were experiencing.
Congratulations, Ivan. You dog!

Daniel Arola
Fayetteville NC