Author Topic: Kali Tudo bonus material  (Read 9346 times)

scomith

Kali Tudo bonus material
« on: September 26, 2005, 03:07:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

During the conversation with Eric and Marc we go to amateur video of thugs and cops. What does 1 LEO Death mean? And, why didn't the cops just shoot them? Just curious.

Thanks!

Night Owl

• View Profile
Kali Tudo bonus material
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2005, 11:54:25 AM »
L.E.O.

Law Enforcement Officer

scomith

L.E.O. reply
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 04:15:01 PM »
Thanks.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Kali Tudo bonus material
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 10:40:41 PM »
This incident excited considerable public and media interest in Mexico City where it ocurred.  The footage we show in the extras was but the first night of four nights where the footage was examined in ever greater detail and additional matters came to light.  It is an absolutely fascinating case study on many levels.  Forgive me the hook, but we go into this in further detail on the DBMA Association website :lol:

In answer to your question about shooting the perps:

1) Although it was not apparent on the first night this footage was broadcast, subsequent analysis revealed four shots

2)  Also broadcast on one of the subsequent nights was a piece on the urine poor quality of police pistol training.  It was basically zero, and all bullets had to be bought by the individuals officers-- whose salary is under $150 US a month.

joewambaugh

• View Profile
Kali Tudo bonus material
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2005, 12:16:56 AM »
Brandon "Truth" Vera, that Filipino MMA guy in UFC, is he using Kali Tudo? What's his background?

outcast

• View Profile
Re: Kali Tudo bonus material
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 12:25:47 AM »
Brandon is from Lloyd Irvin's camp.  He has a good BJJ game, and some Muay Thai/Boxing and all the standard stuff.  I'm not sure if he uses FMA, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't.  (Also, I didn't realize he was Pinoy.  I'll have to cheer for him more)