Author Topic: Transcription help please  (Read 4876 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Transcription help please
« on: October 21, 2005, 11:26:48 AM »
Woof All:

We have been told that the best way for us to make our DVDs/videos availabe in other languages is to have subtitles.  Thus we are in need of transcribing our videos/DVDs i.e. converting the spoken words to writing so that our translators can begin their work.

Can anyone help or direct us to someone who can?

Please answer here or at Craftydog@dogbrothers.com or 310-540-7521.

Thank you,
Crafty Dog

devnul

• View Profile
Woof!!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 06:08:44 PM »
With respect to the request:

If you have the text in English (somebody that has subtitled it in english) i can to translate it to the Spanish, although the Latin American companions will make it better than I, nevertheless, can adapt the words different, to do it in Spanish, and also in another Language, Catal? (languaje of Catalonia), that are spoken in sud of France, Catalonia, Valencia, Illes Balears, and part of C?rcega and Sicily ....

If it interests to you, here you have to me:) for which you need
The scars remember to us that the past he was real. Hannibal Lecter.

Forget it, before you do something that you cannot forget.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Transcription help please
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 03:59:37 AM »
Thank you for the offer Devnul.

At present, we have at long last found someone to transcribe our offerings, and will be be offering written translations of these transcriptions in at least the following languages:  Spanish, Italian, and German.  We have an offer for Polish, but I need to get around to making a counter-offer.

Dubbing and sub-titling simply are too expensive for us, but our hope is that by offering written translations that we can greatly enhance the DBMA experience for those who speak little or no English as well as those who speak some English, but would like to have something that they could reference for when the meaning of a particular part is not clear to them.