Author Topic: DBMA Knife DVD?  (Read 7361 times)

scomith

DBMA Knife DVD?
« on: December 04, 2005, 06:49:45 PM »
Hello Guro Crafty,

Is there a DBMA Knife DVD in the works? I'm so interested to see how you view knife defense, attacks and so forth.

Thanks!

Scott

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 04:45:21 PM »
Woof Scott:

Thank you for asking.

I have been going through a period of re-examination concerning knife.  

This is what I have decided so far:

1) I will continue not to teach knife on seminar.  

2) I will teach knife to people with whom I feel comfortable.

3) I will teach EH vs. knife openly.  In this regard I have something I think pretty neat and which I have kept secret for several years-- I have recently named it "the Dogcatcher".   :twisted:  :lol:   There will be a DVD on this material sometime in 2006.  

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

scomith

DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 08:14:41 PM »
Excellent. I look forward to it.

Thank you,

Scott

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 02:58:07 PM »
We have already shot some footage for an upcoming DVD on the Empty Hand vs. Knife.

The working title is "The Interface of Gun, Knife and Empty Hand" and will be a joint venture with highly regarded combatives pistol instructor Gabe Suarez.

I probably will be teaching "The Kali Fence" and DBMA's principal anti-knife structure "The Dog Catcher".  Gabe will show the Dog Catcher as a transition to getting a concealed carry pistol into play.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog

TomFurman

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • http://www.physicalstrategies.com
DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »
I look forward to this material. I can appreciate bladework born from sparring such as Dog Bros, and Ray Floro.

By the way. If Mr. Floro attends the Sayoc Sama Sama in Kissimmee, Florida this year, we are trying to put together a seminar for him in South Florida.

This might be in combination with a Venezuelan Garrote Seminar with Bruno Cruicchi. FloroFighting Systems and Garrote Machete, Stick, and Knife sounds like fun. Two stick arts that having fencing roots.

--Tom Furman

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 01:21:39 AM »
The joint DVD with Gabe will be a double disc and is about 80% edited.  We will be shooting some final footage when Gabe is in town in late May and should have the DVD ready in June.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
DBMA Knife DVD?
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:22:27 AM »
The joint DVD with Gabe will be a double disc and is about 80% edited.  We will be shooting some final footage when Gabe is in town in late May and should have the DVD ready in June.