Author Topic: Undefeated  (Read 16639 times)

Mandirigma

• View Profile
Undefeated
« on: December 26, 2005, 10:58:20 PM »
I've read that a guy name Felix Valencia is undefeated in the Dog Brothers gatherings. Who else has been undefeated?

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2005, 07:33:25 AM »
"If you have learned something or made a friend today, then you have won!" ~ Crafty Dog

I can't think of a fight who has ever lost.  :wink:

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Sisco T.

• Power User
    • View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 04:05:01 PM »
the gatherings are about much more than ''winning'' or ''losing''. this is why no one-NO ONE  gets recognition with 1st place, 2nd place,etc. and fight records are not kept (maybe personally they are, but you won't hear next up is so and so who's 64 wins with only 2 losses). if you've come to the gathering -in my opinion- to come and claim your gold medal you've come for the wrong reason.

Mandirigma

• View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 06:34:35 PM »
I know what the gatherings are about. And someday I'll feel confident enough to test myself in the Gathering...win or lose. I've read about a guy name Felix Valencia and was simply just wondering who else has never lost. Anyone?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 06:56:59 PM »
Woof M.:

When you write "I was simply just wondering who else has never lost." you accept a premise which we do not-- so how can we answer?  To answer it in its own terms begins a trajectory which does not interest us-- and to answer in our terms is non-responsive to yours.

So I will leave it at this.  This fighter is the only fighter we have had who described his experience in this way.  Make of it what you will.

The Adventure continues,
Crafty Dog
GF

Islanddogg

• View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 08:38:16 PM »
Quote from: Mandirigma
I've read about a guy name Felix Valencia and was simply just wondering who else has never lost. Anyone?

The main objective of most fighters at the gatherings is not to "win" or "lose" and the gatherings are not set up that way.  The only possible criteria one could use to maintain that he was undefeated would be to have never tapped out, been KO'ed, or had to quit before time was called. With this as the criteria, there are probably scores of fighters who are "undefeated", although most of them would probably never make this claim.

Tulisan

• View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 09:47:41 PM »
learn, grow as a fighter and test your skills. no paychecks, medals, scores - just warrior spirit. it's how I see it. thanks to all who keep it that way.
He that hath no sword,
let him sell his garment and buy one.
St. Luke

Mandirigma

• View Profile
Undefeated
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 08:52:21 PM »
Thanks for the responses, guys.