Author Topic: Newbie introduction  (Read 6164 times)

Styric

• View Profile
Newbie introduction
« on: August 20, 2009, 09:53:42 AM »
Woof to all,

My name is Richard Styrsky. I live in Sacramento, CA and have a few buddies that I train with here. We train in Sayoc and have started to incorporate Dog Bros. material. We are looking to create an official training group that meets and goes to gatherings together. I have instructorship in Shaolin Kempo under the Nick Cerio lineage. I have crosstrained in a number of other styles as well. My training partners have some mixed experience as well (Doce Pares, Firearms). We are trying to find some other like minded individuals that just want to train and go to gatherings. I heard that Dog Pound is up this way. One of my training partners used to train with him at Doce Pares. Are you out there Dog Pound?

Cheers,
Richard Styrsky (Styric)

Monkey Man

• View Profile
Newbie introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 07:27:33 PM »
Richard do you ever make your way to Palmdale or perhaps some where furthur south?

Woof to all,

My name is Tim. I live in So California Palmdale area and have a few buddies that I train with here on a non-regular basis. I used to train in whatever was in the area, and competed in Wrestling from high school through military. I have started to incorporate Dog Bros. material in my regular material. I would like to attend some of the gatherings together, and eventually participate. I don't care for bragging rights I only want to find something that would work for me.

Thanks,
Tim (Monkey dog)  :mrgreen:

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
Re: Newbie introduction
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:51 AM »
woof:

*bows deeply*

belated welcome aboard Styric and Monkey Dog!

very truly yours in the MA and self-defense,

~sg
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny

Guide Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Stoops Martial Arts Academy
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 08:49:32 AM »
belated welcome aboard Styric and Monkey Dog!

I echo that. Welcome, gentlemen!
Dr. Bryan Stoops, Ed.D.
Semi-Private/Private Instruction
Offered in Chino Hills, California
JKD/FMA/Silat/muay Thai/DBMA,
Savate/Wing Chun/grappling
http://stoops-martial-arts-academy.com/
bryan@stoopsma.com

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 09:05:07 AM »
Woof:

Cu are off to a good start by finding the existing thread and not starting a new one.  Welcome aboard.

The Adventure continues,
CD

QOTSA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 05:44:15 AM »
Woof to all,

My name is Sean and I live in Townsville, Australia. I've been doing martial arts since I was about 12. I started with TaeKwon-Do and have done Kickboxing, MMA and a couple of other things. I was introduced to FMA by Corey Impelmans of Man-Ho Martial Arts Academy in Darwin (Aus).

At the moment all the MA training I do is with a friend, I have been sharing with her what I learnt in Darwin about FMA and Jujitsu. We spar with foam padded sticks about 3 days a week.

I found Dog Brothers when I was looking for forums about FMA so I could hopefully find some training partners or an instructor in my area. After watching a few videos I decided I liked what I saw. I've since purchased DLO, it was quite an eye opener and my thanks go out to Guro Crafty, Gabe and everyone else who was involved in the making of those DVDs. You have given me much to think about.

Thanks,

QOTSA.

P.S. If there is anyone on this site from North Queensland or knows someone in the area please drop me a PM.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 07:19:01 AM »
Welcome aboard  :-)