Author Topic: Attacking Blocks - a training neccessity  (Read 7350 times)

pappydog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
Attacking Blocks - a training neccessity
« on: August 29, 2006, 08:48:25 AM »
I was teaching class the other day and I realized one of the best drills for getting ready for a Gathering is Attacking Blocks. It is important as learning Hubud. At least, I feel that way. I could see it being taught in every FMA class. Needless to say, lets take time to give credit where credit is over due. Attacking blocks is a creation of Guro Crafty and a core part of dbma curriculum. In a 100 years I could see someone saying we have always had attacking blocks but we do 4 blocks and 4 hits instead of 3 and 3.

The ability to cover distance and move your stick while hitting and counter attacking is essential and quite honestly there are very few drills that address that aspect. So take another look at it, tear it down, look at it up close and I think you will agree. It will supercharge your training.

Pappydog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Attacking Blocks - a training neccessity
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 02:03:44 AM »
Woof Pappy Dog et al:

I've been meaning to respond to this one for some time now, but waited with a sense that to do so needed a substantial and thoughtful post.  Now that I finally find a moment to focus (I fell asleep too early and now in the middle of the night I am awake :roll: ) I find that all I really have to say is "Tail wags for the kind words"!

The Adventure continues!
Guro Crafty