Author Topic: SEMINAR Die Less Often: Interface of Gun, Knife and Emtpy Hand  (Read 17565 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
SEMINAR Die Less Often: Interface of Gun, Knife and Emtpy Hand
« on: September 13, 2006, 09:13:14 PM »
Text by Gabe Suarez:
================

January 27-28, 2007
Interface Of Gun/Knife/Empty Hands - Pt. 2

Joint Seminar Featuring
Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny and Gabe Suarez

$425.00

The first seminar changed everything. The DVD is changing the way people train for the close range problem. It has changed the way we move in force on force and changed the way we look at the close range knife attack problem.

After nearly a year of experimentationa nd refinement, we are ready to present more.

This seminar will revisit the Kali Fence and Dog catcher as well as look at new applications such as offensive (pre-emptive) actions, and its uses in gun versus gun and gun versus knife attacks at the medium ranges. We will have a strong force on force (gun material) component to examine the Kali applications with concealed firearms.
=======

Additional details to be announced.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 09:58:37 PM by Crafty_Dog »

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: SEMINAR Die Less Often: Interface of Gun, Knife and Emtpy Hand
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2006, 05:41:48 AM »
I have signed up myself and already made most of my travel arrangements.
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 05:26:36 AM »
Woof All:

Extra credit if you bring:

1) head protection
2) forearm protection
3) eye protection
4) training blades: dummy folders, aluminum blades which indicate one edge, softer technology training blades will have its place too
5) dummy guns

The Adventure continues!
Guro Crafty
PS: Excellent news Myke and CWS  8-)

Gabe Suarez

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 09:28:07 PM »
Greetings Friends,

Crafty asked that I post the link to enroll.  This is going to be the best training event we have ever done.
http://www.suarezinternationalstore.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=245
Gabe Suarez
Suarez International USA, Inc.
www.suarezinternational.com

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle."

Psalm 144:1

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
This one is steadily filling up its fixed number of spaces folks.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 06:14:39 PM »
Woof All:

NOT a promise, but to help him help me develop additional concepts and training methods for Interface of GKEH Chris Gizzi will be doing his best to come on by 8-)

The Adventure continues,
Guro Crafty

Dog Greg Brown

• View Profile
    • http://www.sityodtong.com
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 05:17:35 PM »
I can't wait this is going to be a great training experiance.

c-dog Greg Brown

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 05:35:09 PM »
Only three spaces left!

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 06:04:15 PM »
Woof All:

Just spoke with Gabe today tightening up the plan for the weekend.  Last year more time was spent on countering the knife, this year more time will be spent on gun.  The Force-on-Force segment will be an important part of the weekend.

The Adventure continues!
Guro Crafty

PS:  Two spaces have opened up.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 06:55:01 AM »
Woof All:

Things to bring:

a) training knife/knives
b) forearm protection
c) headgear
d) a focus mitt
e) dummy gun & holster
f) mouthpiece, groin protection
g) SIWs (short impact weapons) that you might carry.

If you don't have all these items, don't worry.

Gabe, what do you recommend for your portion?

The Adventure continues,
CD

Gabe Suarez

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 07:37:05 AM »
Bring the stuff Crafty suggested. Bring a concealment street holster, not some metrosexual range rig. Bring clothes you won't mind getting torn. Some band-aids might be a good idea.

Other than that I'll be bringing in the Airsoft gear and masks. :evil:
Gabe Suarez
Suarez International USA, Inc.
www.suarezinternational.com

"Blessed be the Lord my Rock
Who trains my hands for war,
And my fingers for battle."

Psalm 144:1

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 09:58:15 PM »
Cindy has set up some morning munchies to make it worth your while to get there a bit early.  The BJJ class finishes at 1000, so that is when we will begin.  See y'all there.

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2007, 08:50:33 AM »
The class has a great group of people. Two of the students are women who are tough as nails.

A lot of time yesterday was spent working on weapons access under maximum all out pressure by a knife attacker. Gabe and Crafty then decreased the distances until getting your gun out was not always the easiest option to pull off. This often required bringing the Dog Catcher into play to intercept the problem, buy some time and position, and then access your firearm if/as appropriate.

The Dog Catcher was very effective in intercepting the knife attack in progress. After that the fight was on. Whether you got the head butt in or not was also a dynamics changer that frequently made the difference between how successful your defense was.  Sometimes you won and sometimes you lost.  Several MMA guys are in the class so they represented themselves very well at the close ranges. Size, strength, and conditioning mattered. One of them planted a great front kick into the attacker that essentially stopped all forward progress, and then he smoothly drew his firearm. As the two women proved, size and gender were not as important as combative mindset and ferocity. Gabe and Crafty ran each drill such that it did not end just because gunfire or some thrusts were achieved. Getting training time like this under essentially maximum attack pressure is few and far between for pistoleros.

Day two begins shortly. Ciao fo' now.

P.S.  Yesterday was a long day. 1000-1830 hours.
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 07:40:13 AM »
Day 2 ended. I thought today was as good, if not a better, training day than yesterday. The energy of the students was exceptional. I was very honored to have met and trained with all of them. Once again the two ladies represented themselves very, very well.

The day started off with some more Dog Catcher drills only this time at much closer ranges. The Dog Brothers crew (major kudos that assisted in the seminar provided very intense pressure in their roles as attackers). Despite their size and strength the students that effected a solid Dog Catcher all bought themselves a little more time to work out a solution to the problem. Being able to effect the Dog Catcher mattered significantly. It is a solid defensive tool that works well in close ranges against highly probable initial attack sequences.

The latter part of the day was spent in handgun force on force exercises. I think it was demonstrated once again that "move and ye shall live."

Kind of an additional thought:

Everybody who trained this weekend had to test themselves on a number of occasions against living, breathing non-compliant opponents. While this is a staple in Dog Brothers training it is not for all of us outthere.  Until you do this in your training are you really sure your skill sets work or will hold up? For me this was the worth the price of admission in and of itself. I now get to leave L.A. with no false illusions about who I am and what I can do (and more importantly can't do).  Major kudos to the Dog Brothers for everything they did this weekend for all of us.  Specifically candidate Frankfurter, candidate Kalani and our affectionately named "Cyborg Warrior."

Sisco T.

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2007, 06:45:26 PM »
 CSW,
   i just wanted to say you a cool dude. it's really nice the way you're giving us props for just being there to help out mr. saurez and guro marc. i had alot of fun during the weekend myself.
                                                                               Francisco

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2007, 08:11:18 PM »
CSW,
   i just wanted to say you a cool dude. it's really nice the way you're giving us props for just being there to help out mr. saurez and guro marc. i had alot of fun during the weekend myself.
                                                                               Francisco

People who know me well know I would not say this if I did not mean it.  You guys were sensational and made the training what it was, and at the level it was.

Dog Greg Brown

• View Profile
    • http://www.sityodtong.com
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2007, 02:34:03 PM »
Well now that I'm back in boston and I have had time to run through it all minus jet lag, here is my review of this weekend.

By far some of the best training I have ever been a part of. I love this material. From my personal stand point this is an amazing group of material that is VERY street applicable.

It showed even a novice to the pistol how effective foot work and movement are in dealing with a force on force gun fight.

I was happy to have participated and to have been able to help out with the second day of training.

One of the biggest eye openers I have had in quite some time. It made me confront some of the preconcieved notions I had as far as guns and empty hands go.

It fit perfectly into the teaching style of the dog brothers. The first gun simulation we did my adrenaline got the best of me and I remember sitting there thinking to myself "this is pretty close to the intensity of a gathering." After that realization that I can use the adreanline dump to my advantage at a gathering I can do the same with gun work.   
It was a light switch moment.

I would like to thank guro crafty and Gabe for putting on such a great seminar.

Greg