Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 05, 2016, 02:46:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
98728 Posts in 2346 Topics by 1082 Members
Latest Member: James
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Donald Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print
Author Topic: Donald Trump  (Read 63440 times)
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1350 on: November 15, 2016, 11:14:55 AM »

Doug,

I don't recall the bet we had.  Do I owe you since Hillary won or are we even.

Either way we both won because she lost
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1351 on: November 15, 2016, 11:41:06 AM »

Summarizes the battle lines and strategies  we now are seeing shape up and gel :

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442192/carpe-diem-mr-trump-forgive-unite-stand-strong

I don't know if VDH intended this but he convinces me that Steve Bannon is a correct choice to be top advisor.   We need warriors to counter the oncoming backlash onslaught that is already coming from the Left and the Never Trumpers which includes Ryan and more subtly McConnell.

I would very much add the VDH would be an excellent person to be a Trump advisor as well!!!!
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1352 on: November 15, 2016, 11:48:08 AM »

Doug,
I don't recall the bet we had.  Do I owe you since Hillary won or are we even.
Either way we both won because she lost

As I see it, I owe you two meals and you owe me one, all to be paid at the next forum gathering.  )

I was partly right on the first two, she shouldn't have run and she shouldn't have won the nomination.  And you were partly or nearly right on the final outcome.  Under the worst of circumstances she still won the popular vote and almost became President.

The Clintons would not have taken in all the fees on the scale they did if not for the promise she would become President.  I missed that fact in my prediction. Follow the money.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1353 on: November 15, 2016, 01:56:33 PM »

Doug writes,

"The Clintons would not have taken in all the fees on the scale they did if not for the promise she would become President.  I missed that fact in my prediction. Follow the money."

Absosutely.  What a mob they are!  They are still at it.  I don't see how she could possibly run again.  The non Clinton crats could not be that foolish to run someone with such high negatives again but her mob still will look for ways and she sure will explore it again in 2020.  The twist will be something like, "I was the better choice".
The best counter of course is the country will be doing better by then.

On another topic this IS a problem:

Having his kids who are still running large business as part of the inner circle and ? getting topsecurity clearances if true.  I do not like this:

https://www.yahoo.com/style/ivanka-trump-wore-a-10k-bracelet-from-her-own-label-on-60-minutes-and-social-media-is-erupting-174930008.html
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1354 on: November 15, 2016, 10:59:17 PM »

Regarding Security clearances for the Trump progeny:

I happened to surf by CNN this morning and caught a glorious moment:

Chris Cuomo had on some CIA/intel grey beard and started pushing in on this and the grey beard something pretty close to this (I do not exaggerate)

"Be quiet and I will educate you young man."   cheesy cheesy cheesy  CC had the grace to do just that.  The gist of the answer was this-- and it makes sense to me:

Every president has people whom he trusts and it is natural for him to seek clearance for people upon whose advise he will rely.  With apparently good reason, Trump respects and trusts his children, all of whom are full grown adults of genuine accomplishment.

Yes, there are conflict of interest questions to be addressed here, but Trump's desire to have his trusted people by his side is quite normal.
G M
Power User

« Reply #1355 on: November 16, 2016, 01:34:07 AM »

As opposed to HRC, who had many people, including her maid handling classified material Without clearances.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1356 on: November 16, 2016, 12:12:45 PM »

I still find at the very least the appearance of a conflict of interests if the children who close the inside are at the same time running multi million dollar businesses.

Ivanka wearing jewelry in an interview then promoting it for sale is tacky .

If Chelsea was doing that we would all be in an uproar.

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1357 on: November 16, 2016, 05:43:37 PM »

Agreed on all three points.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1358 on: November 29, 2016, 12:34:18 PM »

Also, Cog Diss of the Left!  With the outcome prediction wrong, how does that change the underlying logic?  Trump is this bad and the alternative was that much worse!  Smug liberals refuse to eat their own words.  Let's get on with the recounts.

Knoxville News Sentinel
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/opinion/columnists/theotis-robinson/2016/10/23/trump-has-only-himself-blame-likely-loss/92457188/

Trump has only himself to blame for likely loss  (WITH COMMENTS)

Fifteen days remain before Election Day, but itís not too early to start the autopsy on Donald Trumpís candidacy and the wreckage of the Republican Party left in its wake.

There is no electoral path to the presidency left for The Donald. He knows there isnít. So now he is trying to de-legitimize the election by claiming that it has been rigged by a shadowy global conspiracy to prevent him becoming president of the United States. (NOW WHO THINKS IT WAS RIGGED?) Trump is the one who has prevented himself becoming president by his foul mouth, repeated lies and incoherent policy statements.

Claiming that all Mexicans coming to America are criminals (DID HE SAY ALL?), drug dealers and rapists; repeatedly stoking the coals of ďbirtherismĒ in an effort to undermine the legitimacy of the nationís first black president (BIRTH LOCATION IS RACE?); and Trumpís misogynistic view of women have proven caustic.

As a defense against the many women coming forward to accuse him of doing exactly what he told Billy Bush he did on the "Access Hollywood" bus, Trump has basically said that none were attractive enough to sexually assault. Was that a confession that if a woman was beautiful enough in his eyes, he would feel entitled to sexually assault her?

I have been black all my life, and for most of it I have been poor. But during none of it have I feared that walking out my front door would subject me to being shot(WRITER PROBABLY DOESN'T LIVE IN THE SOUTH SIDE OF CHICAGO). Thatís ridiculous. So too is his invitation for Russian President Vladimir Putin to interfere in an American presidential election. How does an American presidential candidate justify asking Russia to get involved in our nationís politics? Trumpís buddy, Putin (THEY'VE NEVER MET.), recently announced the completion of a rocket air defense system to fight the Islamic State in Syria. But ISIS does not have any airplanes. So where could Russia possibly aim its rockets in that area? Oh, U.S. aircraft operating in Syrian airspace.  (IT WAS PRES OBAMA WHO TURNED SYRIA OVER TO PUTIN.)

In his death spiral of a campaign, Trump is inflicting heavy damage on the GOP. (OR IS THIS EXACTLY BACKWARDS?) His refusal during Wednesday night's debate to state that he would acknowledge Hillary Clinton's victory -- should that be the will of the American people -- undermines our democracy and is unprecedented in American history. (NOW SHE DOES THAT.) He is playing a serious role in Democrats making gains in both the House and the Senate and possibly in state legislative races.  The reversals in the makeup of state lawmaking chambers (EXACTLY BACKWARDS AGAIN) could have a profound impact in the redrawing of congressional districts following the 2020 census and eliminate many of the gerrymandered Republican congressional seats. Think Texas. 

Some Senate Republican candidates have endorsed Trump, then unendorsed him, only to re-endorse him out of fear of his supporters in their states. What a pickle they are in. And the fratricidal battle for the soul of the Republican Party is already underway. There have been chants of ďPaul Ryan SucksĒ -- in his own state of Wisconsin. That is a party coming apart. (GOP NOW HAS 34 GOVERNORSHIPS, 70% of STATE CHAMBERS, HOUSE, SENATE and PRESIDENCY.) How does the GOP put this Humpty Dumpty back together again?

This Republican debacle is all the making of the GOP by getting in bed with the hypocritical and so-called Christian conservatives. (WHY DON'T DEMS COMPETE FOR THOSE VOTES?)  How do you square the call for character with Trumpís description of what he does to women? Perhaps the same way they voted for Ronald Reagan (WHO WON OVER 1000 ELECTORAL VOTES IN 93 STATES), whose wife checked with astrologers before allowing him to board an airplane, over Jimmy Carter, who got up every Sunday morning to teach Sunday school at his church (AND KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THE ECONOMY OR DEFENSE).

There was their embrace of the tea party. Letís not forget that the Republican Party in the South was built on the resentment of Southern whites because nationally Democrats supported civil rights legislation (FALSE, DEMS VOTED AGAINST THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACT), overturning decades of Jim Crowism. They have lied too many times to their base over things they knew were untrue for political expediency.

Last week, Obama called for Trump to ďstop whining.Ē Many in my community knew the rest of that sentence. But to rile the president, Trump brought Obama's half-brother from Kenya to get back at him. Does he believe the president really cares? Or that Clinton could pick him out of a crowd?

The only conspiracy to deny Trump the presidency is that found in the mind of this self-loathing narcissist. My mom drilled it into me that if you lie down with dogs, you get up with fleas. That is what the GOP has done -- only this time they are also getting up with ticks.  (HILLARY'S SUPPORTERS ARE NOW UNCONTROLLABLY SCRATCHING.)
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1359 on: November 29, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »

this is not what we were voting for!

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-11-29/goldman-s-cohn-to-meet-with-trump-amid-transition-consultations
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1360 on: November 29, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »

Is this the guy who would like to see and end to the Fed someday?  Didn't Steve Bannon come from GS?
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1361 on: November 29, 2016, 04:52:07 PM »

Bannon proved himself and is not running for Fed

I still don't know why we need a GS person again.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1362 on: November 29, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/flag-crusader-donald-trump-doesnt-know-what-the-13-stripes-represent/
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1363 on: November 29, 2016, 07:50:09 PM »

Is that true?  He said he doesn't know what they represent?  He went to a military academy.   shocked
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1364 on: November 30, 2016, 02:24:27 PM »

Do you like going to doctors who make more by having you do MORE tests even if not  necessary, or conversely make more money by restricting your care?
Personally I don't want my judgement clouded by either.   Thus I would not want a President whose judgement is clouded by how well or poorly his business will do based on his decisions running the country.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-business_us_583ed744e4b04fcaa4d5d3a3
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: