Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
February 22, 2017, 04:41:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
100380 Posts in 2360 Topics by 1085 Members
Latest Member: Why We Fight
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Mexico-US matters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: Mexico-US matters  (Read 174124 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #600 on: February 19, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »

or , , , desaparecido , , ,
DDF
Power User

« Reply #601 on: February 20, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »

Both. It's Mexico and there is a full on drug war here. Everything goes.

Edit: There are several public cases of both. No rumors.... mass graves.... all kinds of things.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 10:18:06 AM by DDF » Logged

It's all a matter of perspective.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #602 on: February 20, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »

And two dead Secretarias de Gobernacion (the #2 post in the country, and quite commonly the next president) from odd plane/helicopter crashes during the previous administration , , ,
DDF
Power User

« Reply #603 on: February 20, 2017, 03:00:40 PM »

And two dead Secretarias de Gobernacion (the #2 post in the country, and quite commonly the next president) from odd plane/helicopter crashes during the previous administration , , ,

Indeed.

It's Mexico.

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #604 on: February 20, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »

I might add that the third one passed on trying for the presidency and went back to being governor of BCN or BCS where he was reputed to have gotten quite wealthy while governor there previously-- presumably working in concert with local cartel(s).  (Working from memory here based on an article I read in Proceso the last time I was in Mexico.

Do I have this right DDF?
DDF
Power User

« Reply #605 on: February 20, 2017, 09:52:56 PM »

I might add that the third one passed on trying for the presidency and went back to being governor of BCN or BCS where he was reputed to have gotten quite wealthy while governor there previously-- presumably working in concert with local cartel(s).  (Working from memory here based on an article I read in Proceso the last time I was in Mexico.

Do I have this right DDF?

You do.

With the last administration here, they approved a federal loan of billions and billions of pesos. In order to pass the measure, there are many that say the votes to pass the measure, were purchased. The population was clearly against it. They have now issued a criminal case against him - http://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2016/12/21/1135536

Now... with the new administration, things like seat belt tickets are appearing....a new state tax levied at the Canadian mine owners... that the Federal government just shot down... and the outgoing governor now in hot water for mismanagement of funds (he was #3 favored to be future president).... due to my status here...I cannot speak to politics without being in danger of being expelled from the country.... but I can say, there are lots and lots of stories covered publicly in the media, with proof of corruption, and all other manners of misbehavior or worse.
One of the worst case scenarios, is the case of the Monreal Family.... almost all of whom, work in the government industry, come from farms.... and have grown so rich, that one of them (David Monreal IIRC), now has mansions in Malibu and other places in the US. His relative Ricardo is now a senator here...and had written a book (Escuadras de la Muerte) . . . http://imagendelgolfo.mx/resumen.php?id=395521 .... where he describes even the age and gender on average... of sicarios.... even info that we don't have... and is said to run with the Zeta cartel, as well as is blamed for their presence here where I am at.

In my personal experience, I can say that there are almost certainly agreements between the cartels and high level politicians, because when there are not (and there have been times when this is readily apparent - administration changes, etc...)... the body counts, public executions, narcomantras and firefights spike notably.

I'm almost done with my degree in law here... and have gotten to a point, where I tire of the whole deal.... and am just looking to bring my wife back and see what we will do from there. I have possibilities in the works... haven't really heard anything from any of them.. but that's where I'm at with all of it... Had I been born Mexican, I may feel differently, but I wasn't... and that is made clear here to me daily...

Be fighting you all again in gatherings shortly I imagine. My wife sends her regards.

Edited to include the source on the charges against Miguel Alonso Reyes.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 09:57:14 PM by DDF » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: