Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 27, 2015, 05:08:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
84475 Posts in 2264 Topics by 1068 Members
Latest Member: cdenny
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  2016 Presidential
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: 2016 Presidential  (Read 15713 times)
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #150 on: December 25, 2014, 12:12:20 AM »

Crafty:
"I'm sure we here have noticed the dust up between Sen. Rand Paul and Sen. Marco Rubio over Baraq's move with Cuba.  IMHO the implications run deep and go to the point I have been making here on this forum about the absence of a guiding paradigm for US foreign policy for several years now.

The implications for the 2016 race of the Paul-Rubio dust up are deep.

Does not Paul come closer to the current mood than Rubio?  Does he not score a telling point when he accuses Rubio of backing Hillary's policies with regard to Libya, the MB in Egypt and so forth?  The implications here for a Paul-Hillary match-up are quite intriguing.  Do any of us here want to follow Hillary in foreign affairs?  I surely would not want my son serving her in harm's way-- how can I ask such of others as she empathizes with evil-doers, and, with Huma Abedin at her elbow, supports the MB?  Do any of us trust any of the people under consideration to effectively act in the Middle East?

Pair this with Paul's clarion call against the Orwellian State that is taking form as we watch and for a return to the Rule of Law and Freem Inds and Free Markets, and we may see many assumptions about political coalitions shatter."
------------------------------

Very odd dust up indeed.  Too bad to see otherwise allies bloodying each other.  Paul called Rubio an isolationist.  An odd bit of flippant humor applied to a pretty serious situation.  Rubio is anything but isolationist. 

I agree that the current mood is tempted to follow the Rand Paul / Barack Obama foreign policy (as Rubio called it) which is a mix of a little talk with doing mostly nothing.  People seem to know this is not working, and current mood doesn't mean that the right answer.  That is why we hopefully have leaders.  What is happening around the world?  Russia-Ukraine, Iran going nuclear, North Korea running the US, China doing an accelerated build on their Navy and passing us economically, Europe imploding to Islamists, and worst of all I think, Islamic State is consolidating its gains by exterminating all opposition.  Cuba is harmless to us?  I don't think so.  No, it is a communist dictatorship.  All tourist revenue goes to the regime, and from there to carry out oppression.  They are friend to all our enemies.  They are the third largest spying regime against the US.  They are still allies of powerful adversaries in a very dangerous world.

Maybe this will help clarify Rubio's view, a 14 minute interview with John Hinderaker yesterday:
http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/12/marco-rubio-on-cuba.php

Rubio is FOR the opening up to Cuba.  He is for linking it to them taking steps forward toward democratization.  The Castro brothers are old and will die.  There is going to be a transition.  We would like to see it go toward freedom and self determination.  Normalization is what they want.  It is our only policy lever.  Obama gave it away and got nothing in return for it.  Now he won't ever again hold that lever.  Rand Paul supports all that.  His reason is because that might open up freedom in Cuba?  But how?  The money goes to the regime.  Didn't every other country already do that and it didn't work?  Haven't we done that since 1972 with China.  But China has a transition process.  Cuba doesn't.

Rubio previously on Cuba and Venezuela:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_wKhXurFyI

A Cuban exile writes in the Washington Post today:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2014/12/22/as-a-cuban-exile-i-feel-betrayed-by-president-obama/

Recent News:  Cuban Government Sinks Boat Carrying 32 Refugees, Including Children
The boat, said González, was carrying 32 people, including seven women and two children. One of the two children was her 8-year-old son.  Her husband is still missing.
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/world/americas/cuba/article4711515.html
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2014/12/23/cuban-government-sinks-boat-carrying-32-refugees-including-children/
Did anyone see that story?

When Marco Rubio speaks passionately and in great detail about just how awful the Cuban regime is, is anyone saying that any of it is not true??

No.  We are just tired of taking a stand. 

Free trade is something you do with free people.  Enriching enemies of the United States with either money or technology was illegal when I was in the export business.  I fully support free trade but understand that caveat.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #151 on: December 25, 2014, 01:08:44 PM »

Doug:  Some excellent sources there-- please post them on the Cuba thread as well.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2014, 09:13:07 PM »

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/shock-poll-jeb-bush-is-choice-of-conservatives-romney-is-establishment-pick/article/2557867?utm_campaign=Washington%20Examiner:%20Top%205%20PMI&utm_source=Washington%20Examiner:%20Top%205%20PMI%20-%2012/25/14&utm_medium=email
DDF
Power User

« Reply #153 on: January 05, 2015, 01:07:00 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwLUE2Xe8N0

I posted it here, because to me, it should influence who we all vote for.

Singing in the rain...
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2015, 10:55:52 AM »

Two hours and forty minutes?

That is one helluva a time investment.  How about a decent outline of what it is saying to help determine whether one should watch?

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #155 on: January 07, 2015, 04:59:16 PM »

Chris Christy has taken a number of hits lately.  Today's news says that more people are leaving NJ than any other state.  Comments from our man on the scene?

http://articles.philly.com/2013-01-09/news/36239709_1_migration-study-michael-stoll-keystone-state
http://www.businessinsider.com/people-are-fleeing-new-jersey-2014-1
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #156 on: January 08, 2015, 11:55:13 AM »

From Jeb Bush thread:
I am so sick of the republican structure pushing democrat-lite candidates. I will not vote for them again. I will worry about local issues and ignore the national goat rope.

If we want to compete with Rinos on the Republican side who are already charging forward, we will have to do that same work on our side too.  The establishment has donors and networks.  Where are ours?  Our side better get started, organize, choose a leader and raise money.  It is time to start naming names.  Too often we sit back and take defeat by default. 

To everyone, unless you want lousy choices handed to you later, pick a leader.  Go to Youtube, search their name, hear them speak.  Read the backgrounds, find their positions.  There are 17-20 Republican choices available:

Jeb Bush -  Too Rino?
Chris Christie -  Too Rino? or whatever else?
Mitt Romney - Too Rino, blew it last time, can't articulate certain things, and will never escape Romneycare.

Marco Rubio - Too young?  Too new?  (Looks good to me.)
Ben Carson -  No political experience? But raising grass roots money. (Worth a try?)
Ted Cruz - Too divisive?  (or just what is needed?)
Bobby Jindal - Not exciting?  (So what.)
Rand Paul - Wrong on foreign policy? 
Rick Perry - Blew it last time.  3 term governor of the largest, Republican-led state.
Rick Santorum - Unelectable.
Mike Pence -  Has both congressional and executive experience.  (The adult in the room?)
Scott Walker - Questionable national appeal?  (Or maybe just right.)

Carly Fiorina - Too Rino, no political experience.
Mike Huckabee - No.
Kelly Ayotte -  Too new, too Rino?
Susana Martinez - Not yet on the national stage.
Nikki Haley -   same?
Who did I miss -  ?

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #157 on: January 08, 2015, 04:18:50 PM »

Jeb Bush -  Too Rino?

I'm hearing good things about his record in FL, let's not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.  Let's find out more.

Chris Christie -  Too Rino? or whatever else?

Ego maniac, half the streets in town are named after him "One Way".  Remember his speech nominating Romney at the convention?  It was all about himself.  Remember his betrayal of Romney by sucking up to Obama at Sandy Hook's aftermath?  Recent record in NJ is not too good, and lots of people are now leaving NY.  We know NOTHING of his instincts on foreign affairs.  Plus he could keel over with a heart attack.

Mitt Romney - Too Rino, blew it last time, can't articulate certain things, and will never escape Romneycare.

Fair enough, but I think the man has deepened from his reflections on his loss and what has happened since then.  He has earned a credibility and a respect that he did not have before due to his various prescient calls.

Marco Rubio - Too young?  Too new?  (Looks good to me.)

Good man in many ways, but too young, NO executive experience, good call for VP

Ben Carson -  No political experience? But raising grass roots money. (Worth a try?)

Ultimately his lack of ANY experience in ANY aspect of governance is a huge gap, but I hope he garners much attention in the early campaign.  He is a very good man with much to offer-- and a temperament that will resonate very well with many.  He should be the one leading the charge on Obamacare and should we win, should become Sec. of HHS.

Ted Cruz - Too divisive?  (or just what is needed?)

All intellect, his entire life has been the law.   Fg tone deaf to human emotion.  As a candidate he would be a disaster. 

Bobby Jindal - Not exciting?  (So what.)

How would he give women a reason to vote against Hillary?  No track record on foreign affairs.

Rand Paul - Wrong on foreign policy?

Well, he's wrong in some ways, and quite right in others.  Which candidate would you trust to be your son's commander in chief while serving in the middle east?  Guys, we need to remember that the country as a whole is quite distrustful AND UNDERSTANDABLY SO of our government's competence in this regard.   A decent case can be made for regrouping.  Rand truly stands for many superb things on the domestic front when it comes to economic and personal freedom and cutting the government.  He also appears to have a genuine feeling for redefining to which groups the Reps appeal.   Don't write him off yet.

Rick Perry - Blew it last time.  3 term governor of the largest, Republican-led state.

Will always be seen as a Dan Quayle.  That he is very good on Tenth Amendment issues is a very good thing, but that is FAR FAR FAR from being a campaign.

Rick Santorum - Unelectable.

Quite good on Obamacare but Libs already razz him for being the only candidate with a plank in his platform about anal sex.  He will always be portrayed as a sexual busybody. 

Mike Pence -  Has both congressional and executive experience.  (The adult in the room?)

Boring white guy.

Scott Walker - Questionable national appeal?  (Or maybe just right.)

Boring white guy.

Carly Fiorina - Too Rino, no political experience.

And ran a crummy campaign for Senate here in CA.  Run her against Hillary?  Pathetic.

Mike Huckabee - No.

There is much I like about the man and he has a good temperament, but too many doubts about his record in AK.  I'm willing to give a listen, but at the moment I don't think it will go much further than that.

Kelly Ayotte -  Too new, too Rino?

Seems like a decent Senator, but other than that , , , so what? 

Susana Martinez - Not yet on the national stage.

Exactly.

Nikki Haley -   same?

Yep.

Who did I miss -  ?
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #158 on: January 08, 2015, 06:56:14 PM »

Thanks for the detailed response. 

Romney has learned a lot I'm sure.  I agree he earned credibility on calling some things right, that his economic plan would have worked and the people wish he had won last time in hindsight.  But some of the key part I think we need is not in him.  In a nutshell, he opposed Reagan, expanded government when he had the chance, and couldn't defend capitalism or his own work in the free enterprise system when pressed.  I will vote for him again if that's all there is, but he is not the leader that will change minds of millions or bring a new generation over to our side.  I will not forget that he choked and backed off when Candy Crowley (wrongfully) stepped into the debate.   Why was he making that (valid) accusation against the President of the United States in a scheduled debate if he was ready, willing and able to back it up?  He lacked the fire in the belly then and is likely to have even less now.  Speaking of Christy at the convention, what happened to Romney there?  They had a week of free media and gained nothing from it.  He mostly played defense.  He is a good man.  Too bad he didn't step up when he had the chance.

Rand Paul.  "Which candidate would you trust to be your son's commander in chief while serving in the middle east?"  - I would trust him to have the least casualties in foreign lands, but also to make us the least secure at home.  ISIS has captured strategic territory, revenue sources, weapons, and is breeding a new generation of terrorists through gender slavery and rape.  Time for us take a little breather?

Does boring white guy (Pence, Walker) mean ruled out because they are unelectable? 

I didn't know white male was a disqualifier. wink  And aren't they all boring to the general electorate when they talk about key issues, taxes, spending, entitlements, regulations, budgets, security, foreign entanglements, monetary policy, judiciary philosophy, etc.  That's why they turn to boxers, briefs and what's in your playlist.  For Obama, it was Greek columns and speeches full of nothingness.   If we don't choose Carson, Bachmann, Fiorina, or Jindal, Cruz, Rubio, Ayotte, Haley... then might we have to get behind a boring white guy??

One other observation.  No names were added to the list (so far).  With almost all ruled out, we are down to very few good choices.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #159 on: January 08, 2015, 10:39:37 PM »

"and couldn't defend capitalism or his own work in the free enterprise system when pressed."

That is a zinger!
G M
Power User

« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2015, 08:07:56 AM »

Ted Cruz or bust.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #161 on: January 09, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »

I am quite glad he is in the Senate, but as a Presidential candidate he would suck and our next President will be Hillary.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #162 on: January 09, 2015, 11:50:09 AM »

GM: "Ted Cruz or bust."
Crafty: "as a Presidential candidate he would suck and our next President will be Hillary."

And I was hoping we would reach consensus by now.  smiley

My view on Cruz is in between these two.  He is a high risk choice, but maybe one worth taking.  Like Gingrich last time, he is one guy you wish was there on the stage when our candidate has no answer to lying liberalism.

Ted Cruz will be accused of shutting the government down.  17% of it for 16 days.  But, on the ticket and in the media, he can answer that.  He didn't shut it down, Barack Obama and Harry Reid did.  The Republican budget funded everything except the exact part they were sent there to stop. 

He will be accused of being the far, extreme right.  But is he also the guy that makes sense of those conservative positions to the persuadable?  Hillary, if she runs and is nominated, will be candidate of the status quo.  Cruz would be new guy on the stage arguing for change.  That said, I don't think he can win the nomination.

Waiting to hear from obj, ccp, and others!

We want someone a) who can win, and b) who can turn this country around.  If you can't win, you can't turn the country around.  If you win but govern Dem-lite and can't defend good policies, then you set the stage for failure, like last time.

One of these people, we hope and pray, is the next leader who can connect, persuade, move the debate and the people.  Who is that?
ccp
Power User

« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2015, 02:03:15 PM »

I lived in Florida while Jeb was governor.  However I don't follow politics a lot at the state level.  I don't recall any particular criticisms about him overall.   He is definitely an appeaser though.

I enjoyed going to a rally In Orlando when his brother W was running for President.   We got to see him and his brother and even more importantly Bo Derek.

Now I am in NJ.  Christy did take on the teachers unions which is no less of a big deal here as it is in Wisconsin with what Walker did.  Yet I don't see much else happening here in NJ that gives us much relief. 

We still are at the top of all lists for taxes in the nation.   Pension plans are still out of control.  The government employees unlike historically are now doing better than the majority of private sector workers.

I cannot say Christy's personality is not a problem.  He turns me off as well as my conservative Republican sister who as a teacher *was* very supportive of him (unlike all the other "let the rich pay for it crowd of Democrat teachers).   We don't like narcissists. 

I have a nephew who is chief of staff for Bobby Jindal.  I like him a lot.  He is a genius I here and always several thoughts ahead of everyone around him as well as a true type A workaholic.   And a genuine *nice" guy.  My sister had several personally guided tours at the Loiusianna "white house".

None of the candidates are ideal at this point in time for me personally as well as  haveinga great shot at appealing to the "masses".

There is a growing problem of entitlement mentality in the US as well Europe.  We all know this.

Perhaps it is good to have everyone jump in and let the best man (no woman yet) win.   

I am quite pessimistic that we will get one who is a great conservative with a great mouthpiece have a good shot to win a national election. 
ccp
Power User

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2015, 08:35:45 PM »

We must be talking big business which is absolutely booming near me.  Endless popular chain restaurants, Dunkin Donuts, Walmarts.   I don't know too many small business people who are thrilled.    The big businesses have the ability to pay people to figure out all the regulations, IT requirements, and lobby.    This is how it is occurring in health care.   Wall Street has taken over just as much as government.   

57% (who was surveyed I am not sure)  of businesses approve of CC:

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2014/12/25/survey-says-new-jersey-business-is-big-on-governor-christie/

Yet most people otherwise give him a so so rating and most in the State do not even consider him a good candidate for President as per one survey.

For many of us his fanship of the NY Giants arch enemy Dallas Cowboys is enough to warrant removal from office.  Could anyone imagine Rick Perry saying his favorite team is the NY Giants?   I mean common really!
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2015, 12:16:17 PM »

Great comments by ccp.  Jeb did a good job with Florida as Governor.  He had good circumstances, Republican legislature, Marco Rubio Speaker, no income tax etc.  He wasn't run by his father or big brother, was his own man.  He has a couple of issue problems to resolve if he wants conservative support and he doesn't seem to want to do that.

Like Walker,  Chris Christie stood up to unions.  Unlike Walker, he didn't turn the rest of the problems in the state around. Maybe couldn't have because it is a Dem state, but didn't.  NJ is not either his fault nor his accomplishment.  He has a medium record, upset a lot of R's with his 2012 Obama embrace, has a controversial personality and like most governors has no real record on foreign policy.

With Jeb and Mitt maybe in, Chris Christie is one more Rino to split the moderate-establishment wing vote, so we should hope all of those get in - and lose.    smiley
ccp
Power User

« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2015, 08:31:59 PM »

"With Jeb and Mitt maybe in, Chris Christie is one more Rino to split the moderate-establishment wing vote, so we should hope all of those get in - and lose"

Pleasant thought.  Would be nice. 
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #167 on: January 13, 2015, 07:48:56 PM »

Paul Ryan is out.

Romney is in.  http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30799373

Elizabeth Warren now says she will not run.  (Assuming Hillary is in.)

This is starting up early!

Stealing the photo from Crafty's post, how do we compete with the accomplishments, good looks and charisma of this woman?

Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #168 on: January 16, 2015, 12:37:30 PM »

http://www.dickmorris.com/romney-beat-bush-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/?utm_source=dmreports&utm_medium=dmreports&utm_campaign=dmreports
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2015, 07:13:28 AM »

Mitt Romney and Jeb Bush to Meet, Raising Speculation on Presidential Race
Jeb Bush and Mitt Romney are scheduled to meet privately in Utah this week, raising the possibility that the two former governors will find a way to avoid competing presidential campaigns that would split the Republican establishment next year, two prominent party members said Wednesday night.
The meeting was planned before Mr. Romney’s surprise announcement two weeks ago to donors in New York that he was considering a third run at the White House.
Mr. Bush initiated the meeting, according to one of the party members familiar with the planning.
READ MORE »
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/22/us/politics/romney-and-jeb-bush-to-meet-raising-speculation-on-presidential-race.html?emc=edit_na_20150121

ccp
Power User

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2015, 09:29:23 AM »

I wouldn't necessarily believe a Wash Post ABC poll since the people running are most likely connected to the Clinton machine complex but she will come out of the gate with a huge lead and she will be shoved through like no tomorrow.   Her focus on the middle class is interesting as is the Republicans new finding that this is the golden key to power.

I've posted for years that no one was really addressing this especially the right.  Well now they are.

http://www.nj.com/politics/index.ssf/2015/01/in_2016_face-off_clinton_handily_defeats_christie.html?from_TBM_site=Lead
G M
Power User

« Reply #171 on: January 26, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/26/hillary-clintons-numbers-quietly-crumble/
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #172 on: Today at 10:25:58 AM »

Crafty, previously:  "She was distinctly unimpressive when she ran here in CA"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This speech was perhaps the biggest surprise in the recent event in Iowa - the contest to selected as Rubio's running mate.   wink

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/01/26/carly_fiorina_to_hillary_clinton_flying_is_an_activity_not_an_accomplishment.html

It is possible that she choked in her recent Senate race because she knew these views did not fit with that audience, the California electorate.  Still she only lost 52-42 in a far left state.

She makes very powerful and persuasive points about government getting too big.  For wherever her candidacy leads, it is a very positive thing for the process to have a sharp and experienced woman up on the stage making the conservative case.

She has met Putin, knows Netanyahu, understand cyber-warfare and the Chinese policy supporting theft of our technology.  She explained beautifully how big businesses can hire lawyers to deal with over-regulation while small businesses cannot.

And she didn't wear a pant suit.

Fiorina has degrees from Stanford and MIT.  Breast cancer survivor.  Worked as a secretary out of college, worked her way up at AT&T/Lucent.  She was named Fortune magazine's most powerful woman in business prior to being chosen CEO at HP.  She led the world's largest technology company 5 years through troubled times with mixed results.  

She was quite comfortable taking on Hillary Clinton directly.  Took a jab at the Putin reset button, said I'll tell you what difference it makes regarding Benghazi, and asserted that flying is an activity, not an accomplishment.

« Last Edit: Today at 10:30:10 AM by DougMacG » Logged
ccp
Power User

« Reply #173 on: Today at 11:25:41 AM »

"Doug's prediction looking better everyday"

Well she is clearly not the BS mouthpiece Bubba is yet I still say never underestimate the depravity of the Clinton machine.
The entire left will rally behind her and be quite happy to fill in for her personal and policy deficits with fanciful story lines galore.

So far no Republican clearly has what it takes at this time (IMHO).   I liked some of Bush's rant on Drudge but his take on illegals which is essentially to pardon 15 or 20 million of them and thus more will come till be have 75 million in the US (California whose population has exploded was reported to be well over 50% Latin - not all illegal of course but a substantial portion yes) does not sit well with me.  I don't care if the illegal is from Israel.  Go back to your country and apply through legal channels.

He has clearly done a mea culpa and seems to think we can win their hearts and minds over while the left stuffs stolen money into their pockets.   Good luck with that.

While I rather agree with Jindal's religious morality ideals I don't think that would be a big seller outside the Christian right.

Sure I like Rubio but I am not sure if he has already peaked.   Not sure.

Paul is out for me.  He is just not appealing.   Too analytical.

Walker I don't know if he has the charisma.

Romney we know has no charisma.

Christi's policies are suspect and I just don't really like him personally.

We will see.

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #174 on: Today at 04:06:37 PM »

ccp:  "Sure I like Rubio but I am not sure if he has already peaked.   Not sure."

Look at the skill he exhibits in his first sentence in the Megan Kelly interview on broken families that Crafty posted (Rubio thread):

"So let's be clear from the beginning, there are courageous single parents out there that are raising their children in less than ideal settings, and they're doing a great job and those kids are going to succeed.  But statistically speaking..., (we know, that children that are raised in a home with two parents do better)."  

This is without notes, teleprompters or handlers as far as I can tell.  His is prepared and knows what he wants to say.  He presents core conservative ideas and principles in a non-threatening way, intelligently and intuitively, and with passion!  Compare that with Romney 2012 (or whoever).  When Romney was caught in his 47% comment, he couldn't find the words to defuse that in days that followed, while Rubio has defused potentially similar criticisms of single families in his prefacing remark.

Any one of them might implode at anytime, but he has already gone out there and exposed himself on all the key issues, and always seems ready for the reaction he gets from his detractors.

Immigration is supposedly the one thing he can't overcome, except that:  he sees both sides of the issue, he truly favors a secure border, he has already tried engaging up close and personal with the duplicitous left on this and failed.  He is less threatening to independent voters who have a friends or relatives living "in the shadows" than the rest of would be, and he is more likely to get a good outcome on immigration than a perfectly conservative position that would not win in a general election.

You don't think he would look good, look sharp, hold his ground standing next to Hillary and offer a better alternative, a better future that people in the middle and non-political can relate to?  Appeal to young voters, women voters, Hispanics, even gain ground with blacks?  Without losing ground with the base, conservatives, whites and males?  I do.

The Rubio agenda reads something like the Heritage Index of Economic Freedom where we now rank out of the top ten, behind New Zealand, Estonia and Mauritius, among others.  I ought to be a no-brainer to support moving up on this list - in the direction of restoring our freedoms, but most can't or won't articulate that.

It is the Governors who have the executive experience.  But they will be tripped up when they can't name the leaders of India, China, Japan and the UK, etc.  Hillary is loving the idea of telling us about her last dinner with each of them (while Bill was at the camp for old timers and underage nubiles).  Mike Pence has both congressional and executive experience.  But will he create this kind of excitement?  Do people want to hear about the business successes in Indiana (Orville Redenbacher is what he came up with)?  Probably not.  They want to hear about the shining city on the hill and visualize their families doing well there.  Otherwise they will take whoever offers them the biggest safety net.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:26:25 PM by DougMacG » Logged
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #175 on: Today at 04:06:54 PM »

I am pretty excited about the run to Iowa and NH, for both parties. For real.

Bigdog, You are missed here!  Your thoughts on the current scene?  Let me know if you wold like to meet up at an Iowa political event.  
G M
Power User

« Reply #176 on: Today at 04:09:53 PM »

I could go for Rubio as vp. Cruz/Rubio could work.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #177 on: Today at 05:03:39 PM »

Reflect upon this:

Hillary's running mate will be Bill Clinton.
G M
Power User

« Reply #178 on: Today at 05:06:28 PM »

http://io9.com/80-of-americans-support-mandatory-labels-on-foods-cont-1680277802?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_facebook&utm_source=io9_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Why bother?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: