Dog Brothers Public Forum

HOME | PUBLIC FORUM | MEMBERS FORUM | INSTRUCTORS FORUM | TRIBE FORUM

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2016, 05:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
94248 Posts in 2307 Topics by 1081 Members
Latest Member: Martel
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Political Rants & interesting thought pieces
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print
Author Topic: Political Rants & interesting thought pieces  (Read 372395 times)
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1550 on: April 09, 2016, 12:58:09 PM »

If you are a war hero your arrested and face is all over the news.  Fact is he wasn't driving.   He was sleeping in his car.   If you are Democrat Presidential candidate with an organized mob behind you  and you repeatedly  thumb your nose over national security for years it is a "right wing conspiracy" or much to do about nothing, etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-navy-seal-says-killed-bin-laden-charged-171750737.
G M
Power User

« Reply #1551 on: April 09, 2016, 04:28:20 PM »

If you are a war hero your arrested and face is all over the news.  Fact is he wasn't driving.   He was sleeping in his car.   If you are Democrat Presidential candidate with an organized mob behind you  and you repeatedly  thumb your nose over national security for years it is a "right wing conspiracy" or much to do about nothing, etc.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ex-navy-seal-says-killed-bin-laden-charged-171750737.

Many states, mine included consider an intoxicated person in possession of their keys in the car to be DUI. Personally, I think that's a bogus arrest.
ccp
Power User

« Reply #1552 on: April 09, 2016, 04:42:44 PM »

"Many states, mine included consider an intoxicated person in possession of their keys in the car to be DUI."

Well in that case I understand it.

Thanks for clarification.

Just trouble shooting.  If one comes out of a bar and goes in the back seat to sleep it off till next morning then that person too is DUI?

What if they have a van and go in the back to sleep?  

Basically one cannot sleep in their car if under the influence even if she/he does not drive?

Well he was in parking lot on someone's else's property...........but if the owner of the property does not complain........ undecided
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 04:45:29 PM by ccp » Logged
G M
Power User

« Reply #1553 on: April 09, 2016, 05:17:03 PM »

"Many states, mine included consider an intoxicated person in possession of their keys in the car to be DUI."

Just trouble shooting.  If one comes out of a bar and goes in the back seat to sleep it off till next morning then that person too is DUI?

Basically one cannot sleep in their car if under the influence even if she/he does not drive?

Well he was in parking lot on someone's else's property...........but if the owner of the property does not complain........ undecided

The best course of action in that scenario is to lock your keys in your trunk or another locked container before going to sleep.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1554 on: April 10, 2016, 12:04:36 PM »

The best course of action in that scenario is to lock your keys in your trunk or another locked container before going to sleep.

My uncle was a D.A. here for 36 years.  He wouldn't prosecute a DUI where the intent and action of the person arrested was to be NOT driving the car.  Like ccp says, realize you shouldn't be driving, get off the road, sleep it off.  Unfortunately that isn't the law (here).  Do what GM says.  I was going to say throw the keys as far as you can away from the car where they won't be found and hope you have an extra set, or get away from the car which is also not the safest thing to do on a cold MN winter night away from home.  These days, it's Uber.  Load the app and register before the situation arises and have your username and password all known in your phone so it will come up easily when you need it.  (I should take my own advice; I signed up and don't know my password...)  You still need to get away from the car if you are even possibly over .08.  Cheaper than the alternative.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1555 on: April 19, 2016, 11:13:01 AM »

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/19/how-democrats-win-debates-by-corrupting-the-english-language/
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1556 on: April 27, 2016, 09:05:54 PM »

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434549/left-western-civilization-case-hatred
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #1557 on: April 27, 2016, 10:25:20 PM »

second post

http://www.meforum.org/5966/arabs-strive-for-honor-not-peace
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: