Dog Brothers Public Forum
Return To Homepage
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 24, 2015, 10:33:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the Dog Brothers Public Forum.
86269 Posts in 2275 Topics by 1068 Members
Latest Member: cdenny
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dog Brothers Public Forum
|-+  Politics, Religion, Science, Culture and Humanities
| |-+  Politics & Religion
| | |-+  Carly Fiorina
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Carly Fiorina  (Read 100 times)
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« on: May 05, 2015, 10:19:06 AM »

In the 2016 Presidential thread CF has already been discussed a bit, but with her official candidacy and my having seen her this morning on FOX, I have decided to give her her own thread.

IMHO she will improve the Reps chances by being an effective pit bull against Hillary in a way that the men fear to.

She was asked about her qualifications for foreign affairs this morning and I was surprised at how effective her answer was.  She spoke well of the various national leaders with whom she has interacted (Putin, Netanyahu, many more) and when asked what she would do differently without hesitation she rattled off a list that looks surprisingly close to mine-- another famous lurker on our forum perhaps?  cheesy

1) Arm the Kurds directly;
2) Give King Abullah of Jordan the military supplies that he asks for;
3) Share military intel with Egypt; support Al-Sisi in his brave stance against "the cancerin Islam", support him when he attacks ISIS in Libya, etc.

CF may surprise in how well she performs and in how far she goes.   I would be VERY surprised though if she went all the way.

DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 11:20:36 AM »

I agree with Crafty on all of those points about Carly. 

Just by running as well as she is, she neutralizes the gender question.  If you believe it is time for a woman President, here is the best one running. 

Judging her by her words and presentation in speeches and interviews so far, she is one of the best of the Republicans in my view.  Her level of preparedness on all issues is quite impressive.  She handles her resume questions well and she would have elected, political experience if her home state wasn't so insanely left.

She plans to run an unconventional campaign, not relying on big money or early polling numbers, which means staying power through some of the ups and downs.

Pundits say she is running for VP.  That may be an insult, but the criteria for VP selection is the same, who presents themselves as Presidential and is ready to step up in a moment's notice.  Being vetted now is great experience for that role if it turns out that way.  Sarah Palin, Dan Quayle and others did not have that experience.

The early debates will be hard for non-political types to watch with so many candidates running.  Worse yet would be if they all look alike.  Even the so-called Hispanics will look like middle aged white men on stage in suits, which is not one of our key, reach-out demographic groups.  Add Carly and Dr. Carson to that and the candidates hopefully can be judged by their answers, positions and vision rather than all lumped visually in a group.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 12:37:37 PM »

Good analysis.
DougMacG
Power User

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 09:27:02 PM »

"She rose from secretary of a real-estate firm to the top of Hewlett-Packard, no small accomplishment."  - from Presidential 2016

She also headed up Lucent Technologies before that, once the number one research and development company in the world.  Was picked as no. 1 on Fortune Magazine's 50 Most Powerful Women - FIRST ANNUAL LOOK AT THE WOMEN WHO MOST INFLUENCE CORPORATE AMERICA, Oct. 1998
http://archive.fortune.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/1998/10/12/249277/index.htm

As mentioned earlier, there are also serious criticisms of her business leadership.  But of all these candidates, she is the only one who has real private sector experience.
Crafty_Dog
Administrator
Power User

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2015, 10:37:02 PM »

And that experience includes a goodly amount of interface with business between the US and China.

PS:  I had forgotten about Lucent.
==============================
Megan Kelly interviews Carly.
https://www.facebook.com/TheKellyFile/videos/vb.1413426908872170/1654461738102018/?type=2&theater
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 10:49:04 PM by Crafty_Dog » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: