DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Knife for Self Defense

<< < (5/14) > >>

David:
Maija: Our favorite place to travel is S.E. Asia, and it was there that I was speaking of.  My wife has a photography website that currently has pictures from trips to Vietnam and Laos.  We're going to add pictures from Malaysia in the next couple of days.  You might enjoy them.

One of my favorite photos is of Ama Kong.  Hopefully he's still around...a famous tribal leader known for catching elephants to be domesticated near the border with Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia.

Crafty: I'll take a stab at the "relaxed vs. prepared" thread.

David

Tony Torre:
Maija,

Most major metropolitan areas have similar levels of danger.  I think staying out of danger is largely a matter of knowing the "rules" and being aware.  With practice and experience I believe one can stay pretty relaxed because of their confidence in their ability to see trouble brewing.  It really is kind of rare to find truly spontaneous crime.  I know what you mean about out of balance people I've met many of them.  Funny thing is that these people because of their paranoia tend to attract the very things they claim to be trying to avoid.  I guess all that psychic energy being spent on day dreaming about boogy men blinds them to the real ones.  Another thing is that usually their body language screams out victim!

Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com

P.S.  Make 3 right turns :roll:

maija:
Tony
...3 right turns ....LOL!!'
I think you're right about the connection between practice and experience, and being relaxed. I hope you don't mind but I thought I'd transfer your ideas to the other thread: 'Relaxed vs Prepared'

Tony Torre:
Thank you Maija.

Tony Torre
Miami Arnis Group
www.miamiarnisgroup.com

maija:
The name of the thread is now  "Being Prepared without Being Paranoid" - I think that's more accurate (thanks David).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version