DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Prayer and Daily Expression of Gratitude

<< < (2/302) > >>

Crafty_Dog:
I like that quote.

Doug Sutton:
Great thread!  I'm grateful to have had the pleasure of meeting and training with Guro Crafty and for the group of guys back in Illinois that I had the pleasure of training with for a short time.  I feel great knowing that they are continuing on this path and have stayed committed to their training. 

I'm grateful for my health!!  Late last year, I was having anxiety, stress, and a fluttering sensation in my heart and had gotten out of shape, focusing too much on work.  I went to a cardiologist who performed a nuclear stress test where they put radioactive dye in the blood and the test came back saying that I had at least a 70% blockage in my LAD (at 33 years old).  They scheduled an angiogram and I had applied a lot of meditative disciplines and visualization techniques that I believe in and long story short, when they went in there for the procedure, they found nothing!  I'm still taking medication to get my cholesterol and blood pressure in check however have full intentions of being off of all meds by the end of the year.

I'm also grateful for my new career and for the positive contribution that I'm able to make in people's lives as a result.  Part of what we do is have our clients do gratitude statements so this is very much in alignment with that and it's amazing how this process creates positive momentum in people's lives.  What we give energy to grows, what we appreciate, appreciates.

Wishing you all the best,
Doug

Guide Dog:
Today, I am grateful for my mother.  Without her, I would not be.

David:
Great thread!  I'm grateful to have been born in a free and prosperous country with many paths to happiness, for my wife, dog, family, and to live in a safe environment.

Expanding on the quote Hawke provided, I wish everyone would do a little bit for those that are less fortunate than we are.  There are such a great number of people born without the freedoms most of us had/have, with no or bad education, no rights, limited food sources, etc.  The people in Myanmar are having a horrible time now, and I hope more people will come to their aid.  Helping others makes the world a better place, and makes you feel good, even if they never know who you are.

David

Guide Dog:
Today, I am grateful for the world right outside of the room in which I work.  I know it is waiting for me when I finish my workday.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version