Author Topic: Calling all female fighters  (Read 7591 times)

lynnb

• View Profile
Calling all female fighters
« on: March 01, 2007, 12:11:14 PM »
Re: June 2007 Gathering

I'm hoping that this thread will encourage more women to sign up to fight in the June Gathering. On a selfish level, I don't want to come all the way from the UK to sit on the side and watch  :wink:
I've heard that certain female fights in the past have not shown us in a fabulous light, so it's also an opportunity to demonstrate both skill and the ability to fight in the spirit of the Gathering.

Is anyone else up for it?

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all female fighters
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 01:25:14 PM »
A close friend of mine just started training with us on Saturdays.  I dont know if she'll be ready in June but we have talked about her attending a gathering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6BQ3VxtRQQ

She used to Fence and is looking at getting back into fencing... hopefully she will introduce herself here.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 03:38:55 PM »
If you weren't in Hawaii, I would say that looks just like Linda Matsumi, known to have run over many an opponent like Cooper Mini.
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 05:45:25 PM »
Yep, it will defiinitely be interesting once she her conditioning gets better and her skills start improving.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 07:21:42 PM »
Linda attended the DLO 2 seminar by Gabe Suarez and me this past January and was in fine form 8-)

Bandolero

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 06:03:59 PM »
I was at DLO2, and all the women were tough as nails.  If Linda is who I think she is, she is the one I told "man, I would never want to have to fight you."  I meant it.
"This is a war, and we are soldiers. Death can come for us at any time, in any place." ~ Morpheus

lynnb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 09:16:44 AM »
I've heard a bit about Linda but I don't get the Cooper Mini reference. Is she small and cute? Everything I heard otherwise makes her sound a scary prospect  :wink:. Does anyone know if Linda will be at the June Gathering?

annatrocity

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 12:03:53 AM »
So yeh, someone sent me this and suggested that I try and make it out to this dealio, The gatherings have always seemed like an interesting thing to me so I'll do my best to scrimp and save and see if I can't make it :)

As far as my background goes I've had a few MMA fights, fair ammount of kickboxing matches, my weapons training is some 3~ years of german longsword as part of the ARMA so if I can make it out I'd like to do something with longer weapons such as a staff like I've seen in some of the videos  or perhaps a shinai. Might do some other stuff to.  it's hard to commit to it this far out but I am deffinitly excited about the possibilities.

Jeff Gentry

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 04:06:50 PM »
welcome aboard anna.

Jeff
Usque Ad Finem

lynnb

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 11:01:19 AM »