Poll

How many DB gatherings have you fought at?

This will be my first time.
3 (15%)
Second time fighter
3 (15%)
Third time fighter
5 (25%)
Fourth time fighter
2 (10%)
Five or more gatherings as a fighter.
7 (35%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: November 05, 2007, 03:06:57 PM

Author Topic: June 2007 Gathering  (Read 172485 times)

foxmarten

• View Profile
Re: June 2007 Gathering
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
Crafty,
  I guess what I was wondering is if it will hurt the knives (short them out) at all if they were to shock each-other (knife shocking knife).

Gruhn

I was wondering about that as well.  And what happens when they touch the fencing mask?  The Shocknife website seems to recommend goggles. Wouldn't want to fry an eye.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2007, 10:32:56 PM »
I've asked Jeff Quail to come answer your questions.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 21, 2007, 10:06:22 AM »
Looks like True Dog will be fighting! 8-)

danjack

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:38 PM »
[td][/td]The new space for the Gathering is rapidly coming together and it looks great. An few updates...

Remember that parking on Sunday is in a large lot we're renting off Burton St., which is a side street off Naomi (which itself is a side street of San Fernando). Enter the building through the back alley gate. There will be lots of signs. You can also park on the street, but that maybe limited.

After much consultation with Marc and local bros, we did put up a wall. But 260 degrees of the arena is wide open for spectators. So fighters will be free to make use of the wall or avoid it. There will be much more interfacing with the crowd that you're used to at RAW.

We've also put up lots of scaffolding and even an old truck for people to sit on, so there are many more places to watch from than there was a RAW. There's also lots of ringside concrete floor, so you might want to bring something to sit on.

We've moved one set of bleachers to the other side of the mat to allow more space for the fighters to watch. We're bringing in a big AC system, with both supply and return ducts, so there should be more than enough cool fresh air.

Be aware the there will be lots of cameras (12 at last count), but we're making every effort to not obstruct views and not stop the action. But patience is always appreciated.

Looking forward to Sunday and the biggest Gathering ever.

Dan

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 21, 2007, 01:15:41 PM »
\m/  :evil:   \m/
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #205 on: June 21, 2007, 01:54:16 PM »
From the fighters list, it looks like Dogzilla will no longer be coming to the Gathering ... ???  I was hoping to get run over by him.

Good to hear about True Dog.
I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. That's a handy little piece of information.
- Ron White

http://ironpunk.blogspot.com/

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 21, 2007, 02:17:57 PM »
Woof:

Dog Corey:  Dogzilla emailed his regrets about a week ago.  Some family matters arose, etc. and will see us in September.  I would have loved for him to be at this one in particular.  He sounded to be in outstanding shape too!

All:

Here is an email from Shocknife's president Jeff Quail in its entirety:

TAC,
CD
=========================

Hi Marc,

I haven't been able to sign on to the message board yet so I will send you
my replies for you to post on my behalf:

The answer to the first questions:

1) The suggestion of wearing no clothing to increase the shock sensation.
The opposite is actually true. If your participants wear long sleeve shirts
they will receive a greater shock sensation. The fabric should be thin and
dry for best results. The reason is that the clothing will create a gap
between the electrodes and the skin which will allow the capacitor to fill
up to a higher level before it discharges. The clothing will also ensure
that heavy sweat does not create a temporary short on the blade. The
clothing should not be to thick (like a jacket).

2) The Shocknives will not be damaged be incidental contact with the blades.
Extended contact can cause overheating of the internal electronics but
nothing during a knife on knife scenario should create a problem. The
voltage can not be increased by introducing more of the same voltage from an
alternative source. In otherwords if the electrodes touch they will not
double the voltage returning into the receiving electrode. For what you guys
are using it for there should be no problem.

3) In regards to the question about the fencing mask. Electricity will
always travel in the path of least resistance. If the material of the
fencing mask can conduct electricity the charge will flow through the
shortest path from electrode to electrode. If the mask was pushed up against
the face or eye at that point, the electricity could possible flow into the
body. IF ANY ELECTRICITY GETS IN THE EYE IT CAN CAUSE SEVERE DAMAGE. This is
why we ask that a fully enclosed impact resistant plastic googles are worn.
If the person is wearing a mask instead of googles, the mask should be
tested to ensure that the mesh can not be pushed up against the eye or face.
If it can, it should not be used.

Hope this helps Marc! If there are any more questions please let me know. I
appologize about not having the new knife for you but will get you one when
they are available. The blade will completely eliminate shorting from sweat.

Wish everyone luck!

Jeff

Cyborg Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 21, 2007, 02:28:21 PM »
Very excited to hear about true dog. This is going to be an amazing weekend.

Greg

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2007, 10:19:18 AM »
Woof:

Attention members of the DB tribe and/or of DBMA Ass'n:  We will be having a dinner tonight at an Indian restuarant in Hermosa Beach at 2000.  Please email me at Craftydog@dogbrothers.com if you would like to come.

TAC,
Crafty Dog

rogt

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2007, 06:08:17 PM »
I can't make this one myself, but I'm sure it will be a precious time.  Good luck to all the fighters, and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Rog

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: June 22, 2007, 11:31:32 PM »
Woof All:

Pretty Kitty tells me we haave 61 fighters!!!  Doors will open at 1000.  If you have been meaning to buy some of our products, this will be a good opportunity to do so without having to pay shipping and handling.  Please bring cash!

I saw the layout today.  Things seem to be coming together very nicely.   More on this tomorrow.

Realize that with 61 fighters that the day will be longer than usual.  In addition to conventional bleachers, some of the seating will be on scaffolding and there will be some choice positions available on the hood and roof of a rusty Plymouth Roadrunner (1965?)-- (this warehouse was the set of the TV show "Monster Garage" and many of the freaky vehicles built for the show were moved from the warehouse for our Gathering and for the moment sit in the parking lot.) and on top of a very large pickup truck bed, roof, and hood.  Some of the seating will be on the floor.  We really have no idea of how many people will be coming, but guesstimate that we will be able to handle 400 people without trouble (RAW was packed to the rafters) with 200.

TAC,
CD

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 24, 2007, 08:05:32 AM »
At home kicking myself for not being in attendance with everyone today.  "Live Free - Die Well" - Im there in spirit... :cry:
Have a wonderful day!
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

ponytotts

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 25, 2007, 01:38:45 AM »
woof,
congrats everyone! win lose or draw, u stepped up and that what this is all about! i cant wait 2 hear the reports!!!!!
i can imagine this was an especially charged gathering!!
tpotts

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 25, 2007, 02:18:13 AM »
Cheeee Hooooo that was some good fun!
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

SB_Mig

« Reply #214 on: June 25, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »
Many heartfelt thanks to the Council of Elders and Pretty Kitty for putting on such a wonderful event.

Big hugs and thanks to Tricky Dog and the Canadian crew for the great fights (and the sweet shirt).

And a huge smile, pat on the back, and chest pound to all the fighters for making this a truly memorable Gathering. Great fights, amazing vibes, and good times all around.

I feel fortunate to have experienced a day that I'm sure will be talked about for years!

Thanks again,

Miguel

Howling Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2007, 10:30:36 AM »
Woof, The post gathering BUZZ continues.
Echoing SB Mig In thanks to PK Guro Crafty,and the Elders...also OP/NG FOR puttting up a nice setting and filming us for the show.
It was great to see friends again and the new ones made. The sense of family one gets from the gathering can not be explained but onley experienced it truley is "tribe".
I fulley encourage anyone who is or has considered doing this to come and experience it for yourself....its the onely way to get a full understanding of what we do and why.
My wife/ boss was impressed with the quality of fighters and fights......Her comments were "I don't know where all these fighters came from, but there were some good fighters there today"
Shes a filipino and a tough critic so if you fought take pride.
Looking forward to the next one and the continual growth that comes from each one.
Guro Crafty, this is a special thing and thank you for your vision, and what it does for those of us who desire to "walk as a warrior for all your days"
Much thanks!
                                                                                            Dog Tom/SB
Howling Dog

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2007, 10:34:29 AM »
Many woofs and tail wags to all who made the Gathering great.  It was a high point for me in the 2 years since cervical fusion surgery.  Everyone I fought, came at me HARD, and made it a break-through day for me.  Thanks.

My thoughts on the day have not completely coalesced but in the spirit of "find (and keep) what is useful," one point that comes to mind is -

The fighter's staging area was great :-D :-D :-D

There was room to stand around after your fight and talk with your opponent.  IMHO - It aided the "In Gathering Evolution."  Looking back, I definitely made mental adjustments with each fight.  The ability to debrief and decompress after each fight helped me during the Gathering.

The larger staging area also made it easy to identify who was in the queue (had an opponent and waiting to fight) and who might be looking for a fight.  In the past, it has been a little frustrating to find someone to fight while standing shoulder-to-shoulder in a crowd of fighters and spectators.
I don't know how many of them it would have taken to whip my ass, but I knew how many they were going to use. That's a handy little piece of information.
- Ron White

Kase

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2007, 07:34:09 PM »
This was my first gathering, and I have to say that nothing could have prepared me for how awesome the experience was. The atmosphere of the fight area only added to the energy. Elevated over the fight area was subdued lighting for the cameras, which made the fight area stand out even more than I would imagine it would.  I was lucky to get offered a chance to team up Tim for a 2 vs. 2 knife fight (against Rich and Moe). All of the techniques I thought I had down seemed to turn in thin air. I found in hindsight that I made a lot of mistakes that I never make (i.e. dropping my knife then trying to pick it up....Rich and Moe pounced on me immediately). I know that I'll get better at it and look forward to the journey that will only bring improvement.  I then got to fight Pappy Dog for my first ever "real contact" stick fight. This fight I'm sure I'll remember forever.  Thanks goes out Pappy Dog for schooling me.  Then I got to fight Dan. He got me with a buzzsaw and then showed how to do it, which I thought was pretty cool of him.  I ended up sitting out the rest of the gathering as a result of the buzzsaw, but as a bonus I got to see a lot of great fights.  One of the coolest fights was a 6' bullwhip against single stick.  Crafty, Cindy, Salty,  TopDog, OP and numerous other people did a great job on the gathering and the fight area as well.  I got to meet a lot of great people and be part of something special.  The coolest thing of the whole gathering was that I learned a ton about myself as a fighter and walked away with a humbleness that will only motivate me to get better.  Unfortunately I had to head out right after the gathering so I missed the post gathering meal, but there is always November.

Kase
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 07:08:04 PM by naileater »
Attack life because its going to kill you anyway. --- Unknown

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2007, 08:31:12 PM »
Still basking in the glow of  sundays gathering.  All the fighters truly shined and great friendships were made. Years from now when I think of good times from the past, this will no doubt be right at the top of my list!  Dog Brothers rocked the house !!! :-D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:53:54 PM by Tom Stillman »
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #219 on: June 27, 2007, 01:32:35 PM »
Dan Jackson made an interesting comment/question/observation to the effect that our normal experience with violence and aggression causes separation in our relationships, but the violence and aggression of a Gathering seems to strengthen relationships.  I don't know if that is the theme OP is going for, but it is a good insight.

The filming/interviews in the staging area during the Gathering seemed to capture some good examples of the warrior fellowship that so many of us share as a result of whacking each other with sticks.
- Ron White

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 27, 2007, 05:27:35 PM »
Woof Dog Cory (AKA Dog Pound)!

That is an interesting phenomena you bring up. More than a few of the tribe are now very close friends with my wife and I. As a matter of fact, I had three Dog Brothers, three Candidate Dog Brothers and one Candidate Cat at my wedding reception which was held last November after my wedding in Costa Rica. Each Gathering strengthens our ties and adds more friends and comrades to our circle of friends. Great Gathering all and looking forward to many more to come!

Tim

« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 06:04:44 PM by Red_Elvis »

Guard Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 27, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »
OOOO!!!!

Let's here it, any promotions to Dog, C-Dog or Full Dog Brother?  Come on, . . . . don't be modest!

Gruhn
Ryan “Guard Dog” Gruhn
Guro / DBMAA Business Director
Dog Brothers Martial Arts Association
"Smuggling Concepts Across the Frontiers of Style”
ryan@dogbrothers.com | www.dogbrothers.com

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 27, 2007, 08:30:46 PM »
 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #223 on: June 27, 2007, 10:48:36 PM »
Red_Elvis, ryangruhn, loyalonehk, and all others

I still have to fight a little no longer as C-Dog Pound - which is fine.  I had a GREAT day, but I haven't earned Dog Pound yet.

However a bunch of folks did get well earned promotions ... Crafty, is there a list somewhere?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 10:56:07 PM by Dog Corey »
- Ron White

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 27, 2007, 11:18:40 PM »
Woof All:

Actually, with all members of the Council of Elders in attendance, quite a few warriors were ascended.  A very incomplete list off the top of my head follows-- if you belong on it but aren't please let me know.

TAC,
CD
Guiding Force
====================='
Ascending to the grand exalted status of Dog Brother:

Franfurter
Poi Dog
Sheepdog
Cyborg Dog

New Candidate Dog Brothers:

Greame "C-Scotty Dog" Higgins
Tim "C-Iforgethischosenname" Ferguson
Oli "C-Ghost Dog" _______

Again, if your name does not appear on the list but should, please email me at Craftydog@dogbrothers.com

bjung

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2007, 12:30:54 AM »
woo! congratulations to the new DBs!

Poidog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2007, 12:43:59 AM »
Woof all,

Tim's name was "C-Scurvy Dog"!!! :-D  (Must be said in true pirate voice)

Aloha,
Poidog
Who dares wins - British SAS

sting

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2007, 03:14:30 AM »
Congratulations to all !

Could we forget Kitty Linda Matsumi ?
Baltic Dog

Go Shin Jutsu Kenpo (Prof. Richard Lewis)
3rd Degree Black Belt Instructor

Bono JKD/Kajukenbo (Prof. John Bono)
Gentlemen's Fighting Club

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2007, 07:26:44 AM »
Ah yes, Tim "C-Scurvy Dog" Ferguson it is!

A hearty woof for Kitty Linda!

Also,

Mamerto "C-Bull Dog" Estepa
Renato "C-Cerebus" Judalena

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »
Congratulations to all !

Could we forget Kitty Linda Matsumi ?
She would be hard to forget! (great personality) Kitty Linda Matsumi showed great fighting spirit as did all the fighters. I regret not getting to speak with many of the fighters , especially all the female fighters because I find them to be so intriguing.(not in a weird way)  :-) Thank you,  Dog Tom  (as of  6/24/07)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 10:03:17 AM by Tom Stillman »
Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.  dalai lama

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2007, 12:49:19 PM »
Congrats to all who were promoted / received Candidate, Dog, Kitty, Dog Brother status!!  Im looking forward to the next event. A hui hou! (Til we meet again!)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 12:53:51 PM by Robertlk808 »

strawdog

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2007, 01:41:16 PM »
I got promoted to Dog.   8-)

Dog Meynard

Soon to be C-Straw Dog and later just (ehem!) Straw Dog.  How does it work anyway?   :-o
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007, 01:49:52 PM by meynard »
Proud member of the pack... one day I will be officially strawdog.

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2007, 02:05:01 PM »
Congrats Dog Meynard.
- Ron White

Tom Stillman

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2007, 02:33:59 PM »
Congrats Meynard,  I believe you are correct about the levels of advancement.  I also believe it won't be long before you reach full Dog Brother status. Great fight BTW. (double nunchaku vs double sticks)          I haven't had that much fun in years. Great ground work also on your part.. Sorry about the headbutt with mask on (bad form)  I'm a little rusty and in the scuffle I hadn't noticed your mask had fallen off and I wasn't able to pull it all the way back in time.. Still you were able to finish the job  Grrrr.  It was great meeting you and your wife and I look forward to seeing you at future gatherings.     Dog Tom

strawdog

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2007, 03:01:11 PM »
I learned a lot in that fight.  Thanks Tom.   I look forward to the next gathering. 
Proud member of the pack... one day I will be officially strawdog.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2007, 04:13:49 PM »
Dog Meynard and Dog Tom Stillman confirmed  :-D

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 28, 2007, 06:12:22 PM »
Ascending to the grand exalted status of Dog Brother:

New Candidate Dog Brothers:

Oli "C-Ghost Dog" _______

I believe it's Oli "C-Ghost Dog" Schaer.

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 28, 2007, 06:14:57 PM »
Woof all,

Tim's name was "C-Scurvy Dog"!!! :-D  (Must be said in true pirate voice)

Aloha,
Poidog

Even better it be wit' thy left hand placed over thy left eye when speakin' thy name! Unless of course, ye be havin' a hook fer a hand.  :wink:

Arrrrr,
C-Scurvy Dog

Kase

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 28, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
Does anyone have any contact info for Tony Caruso?
Thanks in advance.

Kase
Attack life because its going to kill you anyway. --- Unknown

Sheep Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 28, 2007, 07:19:33 PM »
Truly a great experience for all invovled.
-Never Mistake Patience and Tolerance for Weakness-

Matt Tucker

• View Profile
« Reply #240 on: June 29, 2007, 02:36:21 AM »
Well done to all who fought and congrats to those promoted.

Nice one Graeme on C-Dog

Regards

Matt

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 29, 2007, 04:21:53 AM »
That's Dog Tony Caruso  :-D

Also, congrats to Bryon "C-Guide Dog" Stoops!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 04:36:24 AM by Crafty_Dog »

maija

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 29, 2007, 07:01:41 AM »
This was my first gathering, and thanks to all for making it a great experience. I'm sad i could only find 2 people to fight me with blades, but on the other hand this gave me a great opportunity to watch and learn 8-). I saw some cool stuff and had a blast connecting with all you guys on the forum...nice to meet you too Dog Tom :-D.
Wish there had been more time to chat, the day went by so fast, and congrats to all those promoted!
It will seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
Miyamoto Musashi.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 29, 2007, 01:37:04 PM »
Fred "C-____ Dog" Hernandez.  ( BTW Fred is well into his 50s 8-) )

SB_Mig

« Reply #244 on: June 29, 2007, 03:22:15 PM »
Sun Dog?

Scurvy Dog

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 29, 2007, 03:25:32 PM »
Somebody jokingly said "Farm Dog" but SB Mig is correct. Fred went with "C-Sun Dog"

This was my first gathering, and thanks to all for making it a great experience. Wish there had been more time to chat, the day went by so fast, and congrats to all those promoted!

Maija - Thanks for letting me share your vantage point on the truck roof. Next time though, try not to knock over the scaffolding making such a loud ruckus!  :lol:
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 03:28:39 PM by Red_Elvis »

ponytotts

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 29, 2007, 05:15:25 PM »
congrats everyone!!!

maija

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 29, 2007, 08:21:07 PM »
Aaarg C-Scurvy Dog, the chaos gods are indeed my friends!
Thanks to you also for pointing out who was fighting, it was sometimes hard to tell who was who, so it added alot to the experience to have you there 8-)
It will seem difficult at first, but everything is difficult at first.
Miyamoto Musashi.

Dog Pound

• Power User
    • View Profile
    • Dog Pound's Blog
« Reply #248 on: June 29, 2007, 09:56:29 PM »
I had quite a break in my full participation in Gatherings.  During my first fight at this Gathering, I had trouble with my mental focus.  My opponent (Randy) wrapped up my stick arm like a python and all I could think of was getting my right arm free.  Towards the end of the fight, my focus widened and I remembered I had a left hand and started punching.  With each fight, my mental focus got better and I started relaxing.
- Ron White

Scotty Dog

• Frequent Poster
  • It's Only a flesh wound
    • View Profile
    • DBMA UK
« Reply #249 on: June 30, 2007, 03:11:53 AM »
Wuff,

Just landed back in Scotland. Skys are grey, but there's no rain ;-D

I echo all the comments about the Day. My time in LA was more than I could have hoped for, I just wish I'd had longer. My only regrets were not taking Guro C's advice & asking True to fight (we spoke after the gathering & I'm looking forward to the next time I'm over), not being able to fight against the chucks like I'd hoped (I hate wrist shots  :cry: ) and not being able to make it to Nick's BBQ earlier on the Monday.

Congrats to all the fighters & veryone who worked to make the day what it was.

C-Scotty Dog  :-D :mrgreen: :-D
"Cos Beliefs, are just that. They're nothing, they're how your taught and raised. That doesn't make them real...
Everything you've learned is in fact just learned & not necessarily true"

Bill Hicks