Author Topic: Volunteering, Giving, Charity, Tithing  (Read 33125 times)

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteering, Giving, Charity, Tithing
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2019, 09:51:31 AM »
With December arriving tomorrow, this is a good moment to bring this thread back to the top.

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteering, Giving, Charity, Tithing
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2020, 10:07:54 PM »
I've been pretty inactive in various forums for various reasons but in terms of volunteering etc.  It can certainly do good for the soul and mind. My wife and I volunteer to coordinate quarterly Blood Drives at church, we volunteer every 3rd Saturday w/ an Autism event for Teens and Tweens and then I volunteer as the President of a Youth Rugby organization.  It's a lot of work and can kind of be like a side job or two but the rewards of helping the Red Cross save lives, help create an environment where kids on the spectrum can be themselves without anyone batting an eye and creating a program that I hope will grow and provide more opportunities for kids to be active along with potential opportunities for college scholarships other than your standard sports which are already highly competitive and I guess you could say saturated.
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile