Author Topic: kick and sticks  (Read 6226 times)

kick and sticks
« on: September 03, 2003, 04:50:06 AM »
woof crafty, from what ive seen of the dogg brothers system.....kicks seem to be used limited and sparringly. is it right to assume this to be true? can you tell me what role or importance kicks play in the dbma system? also as much as i love swinging the sticks and i know its a very effective self defense weapon. i cant help but see a jail cell with my name on it if ever i were to use them except maybe in a extreme situation. i guess i say that in hopes to see more empty hands training......lets face it most likley even faced against multiple aggresers if a trained stick fighter were to win out and most likley i feel he would.....i feel that the court system would in some way  side with the "poor victims". especially in todays mixed up society where right seems to be wrong and wrong  seems to be right....   care to comment?

Stickgrappler

• Power User
  • "...grappling happens. It just does." - Top Dog
    • View Profile
    • Stickgrappler's Sojourn of Septillon Steps
kick and sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2003, 07:06:14 AM »
woof guest :D :

from my understanding:  with the krabi krabong training of Ajarn Salty Dog, DBMA has integrated kicks with stickwork effectively. there is a vidclip of the DBMA video Krabi Krabong on the site which will show the kicks - check it out.

also, Ajarn Salty Dog recently had an article published in Black Belt regarding KK.

HTH.
"A good stickgrappler has good stick skills, good grappling, and good stickgrappling and can keep track of all three simultaneously. This is a good trick and can be quite effective." - Marc "Crafty Dog" Denny