Author Topic: Fight Quest: Philippines  (Read 7868 times)

C-Kumu Dog

• Power User
    • View Profile
Fight Quest: Philippines
« on: January 05, 2008, 02:39:53 AM »
Did anyone catch the episode? I thought it was much better than the Human Weapon.  The hosts split up and trained with separate instructors and then fought knife, live stick and empty hand.

Here is the trailer.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rkTo-hKEgwA

Guess who???
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SbgbQuXhJ0U&feature=related
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 02:44:22 AM by Robertlk808 »
"You see, it's not the blood you spill that gets you what you want, it's the blood you share. Your family, your friendships, your community, these are the most valuable things a man can have." Before Dishonor - Hatebreed

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Quest: Philippines
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »
 8-)

I've watched the first two episodes.  They really wore Doug out all week.  I know both Jimmy and Doug, they have nothing but a higher level of respect for Kali after doing that episode. 

Be sure to watch the Feb 29th episode on Kajukenbo - My instructor GM Harper is the "Master" that takes Doug for a week and I was one of his assistants all week.  Goodtimes...  See my blog and pics link for more. 

Im excited to see the final production...  They take about 50+ hrs of footage and make a 45 min episode after comercials they use only about 25 mins of the film.  We all had a great week and fought at the end of every training day.  We fought boxing, mma, construction yard obstacle course with random attacks along the way, a biker bar scene and even a down and dirty bare knuckle match.   :-D  The final test fight went EH V's Knife, EH V's Stick and EH V's EH.  Watch for the KO!  I wont tell you who gets KO'd...  You just gotta watch  :-o

Both Doug and Jimmy are great guys with a HUGE amount of heart. 

Blog link is in my signature line. 
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:17:29 AM by loyalonehk »
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

5thprofession47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 11:06:04 PM »
8-)

I've watched the first two episodes.  They really wore Doug out all week.  I know both Jimmy and Doug, they have nothing but a higher level of respect for Kali after doing that episode. 

Be sure to watch the Feb 29th episode on Kajukenbo - My instructor GM Harper is the "Master" that takes Doug for a week and I was one of his assistants all week.  Goodtimes...  See my blog and pics link for more. 

Im excited to see the final production...  They take about 50+ hrs of footage and make a 45 min episode after comercials they use only about 25 mins of the film.  We all had a great week and fought at the end of every training day.  We fought boxing, mma, construction yard obstacle course with random attacks along the way, a biker bar scene and even a down and dirty bare knuckle match.   :-D  The final test fight went EH V's Knife, EH V's Stick and EH V's EH.  Watch for the KO!  I wont tell you who gets KO'd...  You just gotta watch  :-o

Both Doug and Jimmy are great guys with a HUGE amount of heart. 

Blog link is in my signature line. 

Congratulations! That is sweet. I have enjoyed the show and will look forward to seeing you on the program.

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:28:10 AM »
Just saw on rerun the Kali one "yell Kali"  KAAAAALLLLLLIIIIIIII!!!!!!
lol!
That was a awesome show..Really liked it alot! Actually want to buy it on dvd.

foxmarten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 06:33:30 PM »
I hope those two guys make it through the season.  They sure have taken some abuse thus far.  I think that one of them was not too far off the mark on the Kali episode when he began wondering it his instructors were softening him up for the marines.  I was hoping to see some techniques as well, but in both episodes thus far it's been mostly cardio/bag work.  I was also disappointed that one of the marines in the stick fight portion went into the "I'll take a strike to my fencing mask to get in a shin shot" mode.  As I saw at the June Gathering, even a pulled shot to the temple drops you like a sack of...

Paul
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST

Kaju Dog

• Power User
  • organ donor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 09:04:29 PM »
I agree,  thus far I have seen alot of endurance and letss push these guys hard so that we can fight em at the end and look good....  :x

I'll say this much, being the last episode of the series, we got to talk to the fighters "Doug and Jimmy"  Our goal was to show our art and the caliber of "Trainers" we have.  You should see some Kaj techniques for various situations and be able to see the progressive improvement of the fighters over the 5 days.  Our goal was to push the fighters hard, give them insight to our style, share some knowlege and see them progress to the level of being able to take the knowledge (simple and effective) and apply it. 

Please stay tuned.  Feb 29th should be a treat. 

Doug and Jimmy are down to earth and reality based fighters.  The off camera conversations were priceless but still very respectfull of the various systems.  The really focussed there thoughts on what was usefull in the real word and what was not these days. But still showed respect.

8-)
V/r,

Kaju Dog
dw.kajupit@gmail.com

foxmarten

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 09:27:57 PM »
I'm glad to hear that your school took a constructive approach and tried to demonstrate the competence of your instructors rather than superiority of your style.  Bravo!
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
-HST

Maxx

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
Doug seems like a pretty cool guy..I talk to him a bit on Myspace and he said the Kali one was one of his favs..I don't know to much of his background except he is a Iraq war vet.

selfcritical

• Frequent Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 09:45:08 AM »
I hope those two guys make it through the season.  They sure have taken some abuse thus far.  I think that one of them was not too far off the mark on the Kali episode when he began wondering it his instructors were softening him up for the marines.  I was hoping to see some techniques as well, but in both episodes thus far it's been mostly cardio/bag work.  I was also disappointed that one of the marines in the stick fight portion went into the "I'll take a strike to my fencing mask to get in a shin shot" mode.  As I saw at the June Gathering, even a pulled shot to the temple drops you like a sack of...

Paul

Leslie Buck's comments on Sgt Prado "I'm not sure how he does in sparring, but he seems to do pretty well at killing people".

That Sgt had I believe about a month of training with occasional refreshers. The core Force Recon training is primarily Striking mechanics, footwork, and the Contradas(an evasive counterattack strategy,for those not familiar). Note that does not include much in the way of weapon contact methods(ie deflections, umbrellas, etc). They just learn to attack, reposition, and attack again. Sgt Prado has actually managed to deploy his skills in blade-on-blade confrontations, and seems to have no noticeable scars on him.