DBMA Martial Arts Forum > Martial Arts Topics

Prayer and Daily Expression of Gratitude

(1/302) > >>

Guide Dog:
I don't know if this is too warm and fuzzy for DBMA.  I know that constantly dwelling in nothing but hard, cold reality can often lead to fatalism, so I'll try this:  

Recently, I was reminded many cultures in the world teach that a daily expression of gratitude can serve to "build up a storehouse for when adversity comes, because you know it is going to come", as a peer stated so powerfully last weekend.  

So, this thread is quite simple: try to post one thing a day for which you are grateful.  It can be big or small.

Today, I am grateful for my health and the ability to walk, run, and challenge myself on a physical basis.

Crafty_Dog:
Woof All:

This thread was started by Guide Dog on the DBMA Ass'n forum too, and there it has hit the ground running.  If "warm and fuzzy" feels weird, feel free to be humorous.

TAC,
CD

Guide Dog:
Today I am grateful for the promise of a new opportunity that has come my way.

Crafty_Dog:
I am grateful for the time yesterday when my 5 year old daughter played iwth "Magna-stix" on floor of my office as I worked and for the time I had pitching to my son before dinner with my daughter chasing the balls he hit on her scooter and brining them to me; the wonderful dinner that my wife cooked, and our time together as a family.

Hawke:
Reminded of a John Wooden quote, ""You can't live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."

A kind sincere word is free to give and can definitely put a smile on a fellow human being.

I am grateful for being raised by a loving mom.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version