Author Topic: instructors in portland oregon  (Read 5616 times)

fgb

• View Profile
instructors in portland oregon
« on: September 23, 2003, 03:45:59 AM »
hey guys and gals
I am trying to find a instructor who cares more for student than the money the student  payes for tuition if any of you know of someone who playes in my area please drop me a note I have went to proff triggs school and talked to him and never recieved a reply from him or his school I have messaged any arnis or escrima schools and teachers in the area to no avail am serious about learning and training although cant find a teacher in my area if any one has a suggestion please point me in a viable direction thanks and have fun to all the players
there is more to kali than kali itself

Dogzilla

Stick Fighting
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2003, 05:23:20 PM »
If I lived in your area. I would go to the Straight Blast Gyms.
 Matt Thorton and his crew gets down and dirty. good luck.

fgb

• View Profile
instructors in portland oregon
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2003, 08:03:53 PM »
thanks for the info I just returned from a school with a guro Preston Boyd and once again i encounter my only problem the outragoius tuition nearly $90 a month for two one hour classes I will check into this matt and his straight blast gym hopefully its not the same story I keep hearing its a shame that a good intrested student can be run off only because of the tuition  well I might have to ammend this to seeking training partners of all skilll levels
there is more to kali than kali itself

Brian

training in PDX
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 11:01:04 PM »
If your interested in training you should give me an e-mail, I think this post is ancient, but if your still interested give me a holler at BrianWalsh@excite.com.

Peace,
-Brian

Portland training
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 05:29:51 PM »
Howdy to one and all.  Back from Britain and have located myself in Portland, Oregon.  Looking for anyone that might like to help me train-up for this summers Gathering.  I'm taking care of the grappling/mma part by training at Team Quest, but still have no one to play sticks.

fgb, so while I'm no instructor, if you would like to get together, let me know.

Brian Welsh, I tried sending you an e-mail but it got bounced back.

C-Heretic Dog