Author Topic: Abortion  (Read 110324 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Abortion
« Reply #251 on: January 06, 2020, 10:13:45 AM »
I need a citation on what % of Planned Parenthood's budget goes to abortion.

Not easy to determine.  They include abortion under "Medical services", the largest one of the 63% of the budget.  The main part of "Non-medical program services" (18%) is the promotion of abortion.

I don't think you will be able to separate abortion from the rest of what they do; it is a big part of all of it.  They are the nation's largest provider of "abortion services".  They gave up federal funding rather than giving up abortion when given the choice.

https://www.plannedparenthood.org/about-us/facts-figures

2015 (the latest year data is available):

Medical services (63%)

The essential health care services Planned Parenthood provides, like: STD testing and treatment, birth control, well-woman exams, cancer screening and prevention, abortion, hormone therapy, infertility services, and general health care.

Non-medical program services (18%) ...

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Common Sense Abortion Control
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Common Sense Abortion Control
« Reply #253 on: January 27, 2020, 06:16:49 AM »
Besides the intended analogy, the proposals are perfectly valid.

The correct analogy (IMO) of guns to abortion would to legalize the shooting of immediate family for any reason, not just the owning of the gun for self protection.

My mom believed in the mother's right to choose until the child reaches age 18.  It's a more informed and thought through decision than aborting before birth.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Abortion
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2020, 02:35:46 PM »
Awesome meme!