Author Topic: The Way forward for Republican party  (Read 24200 times)

DougMacG

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: after Trump - where ? what ?
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2019, 04:14:40 PM »
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/what-do-republican-voters-want/

More questions than answers.

Hawley:  “encouraging capital investment in the great American middle,” “investing in research and innovation in the heartland of this country,”
   - He IS a Senator from Missouri.

“challenging the economic concentration that stifles small producers and family enterprises.”
   - We should all be looking at the anti-trust aspects of these companies trying to take over society.  Why are Google, Facebook, amazon able to buy their competitors and takeover other industries as well?

Rubio:  already discussed, hard to tell if this is a change of emphasis or complete turnaround.

What about Pence, the geographic heir to Trump (he sits next to him), or Haley?

I'm not sure that things have changes that much, more a matter of which personalities will attract and prevail, in my view.

I don't think being wishy washy on core values is going to win on the Republican side. 

What they don't really say in the post Trump analysis is that there are at least two very different scenarios, if Trump wins and if Trump loses next year.  We analyze what went right or what went wrong.

G M

• Power User
    • View Profile
Re: after Trump - where ? what ?
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2019, 04:51:37 PM »
Trump is a symptom of an angry electorate. Until things are unfcuked on the national level, things are not going back to "normal".

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/11/what-do-republican-voters-want/

More questions than answers.

Hawley:  “encouraging capital investment in the great American middle,” “investing in research and innovation in the heartland of this country,”
   - He IS a Senator from Missouri.

“challenging the economic concentration that stifles small producers and family enterprises.”
   - We should all be looking at the anti-trust aspects of these companies trying to take over society.  Why are Google, Facebook, amazon able to buy their competitors and takeover other industries as well?

Rubio:  already discussed, hard to tell if this is a change of emphasis or complete turnaround.

What about Pence, the geographic heir to Trump (he sits next to him), or Haley?

I'm not sure that things have changes that much, more a matter of which personalities will attract and prevail, in my view.

I don't think being wishy washy on core values is going to win on the Republican side. 

What they don't really say in the post Trump analysis is that there are at least two very different scenarios, if Trump wins and if Trump loses next year.  We analyze what went right or what went wrong.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Way forward for Republican party
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2019, 10:26:15 PM »
How old is Jindal?

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: The Way forward for Republican party