Author Topic: Knife fight in my apt complex...  (Read 12469 times)

Dan Farley

• View Profile
Knife fight in my apt complex...
« on: November 03, 2008, 02:06:18 PM »
... Anyone who has visited my place is familiar with the party scene which occurs nightly.  Almost everyone here is a young artist, musician, actor, whatever.  Our courtyard is usually occupied until the wee hours with good people having a good time.

We also have a couple single mothers, stuck with teenage sons, who are too much for them too handle. The kind of kids who are on the verge of transitioning from wannabe gangsters to petty criminals. 

Worlds collided late at night when the little thugstas had too much to drink and found their way into one of the usual party scenes.  What started as juvenile trash talk graduated to a few people pushing/shoving/swinging.  Then the knife came out. 

One of my neighbors showed heart by bear hugging the kid, trying to hold him back from the others.  As he started to lose control of him, another neighbor, a south African man of substantial size and life experience, grabbed the kid from behind in what was described to me as a very crude sleeper hold/rnc.  Apparently, this guy's size and strength alone was enough to choke the kid pissless (literally) while forcing a tremendous upheaval of vomit from his young mouth.  Onlookers said the stream was launched several feet into the air!!

I laugh as I type, because the choker was apparently wearing an Indiana Jones costume.  Shirtless beneath a leather jacket, Indie hat and everything.  Upon putting the first punk down, others surrounded him, wielding the large, standing ashtrays around the courtyard.  At this point, Indie went into full character, throwing his hat off and taking on all comers while bystanders froze up.  I guess the guy was so crazy with his willingness to fight everyone, that each kid ran at high speeds when he came at them, perfectly fine with the concept of his opponent holding a large ashtray above his head, ready to throw it.  The last kid left started crying and begged for forgiveness. 

This is how everyone reported it to me.  I guess a couple people yelled for me to come out and help, but I was nestled up in my apartment, quite full of Corona, trying to download UFC fights online at the time.

After some talk of future concerns, we started up an apartment training group.  Mostly to get some healthy activities going around here, but also with the intent of being more prepared next time this occurs.  I will be working with a group of people who have little or no physical training in their background, so it should be interesting, but fun.

As time goes by, maybe we can get an appearance from one of the community Dog Bros?  Most everyone here has seen the Nat Geo show, so a cameo from Pappy or Poi would really be cool! 

Hope you are all well.  Also hoping to start seeing you again soon.

Dog Dan.

Crafty_Dog

• Administrator
  • Power User
    • View Profile
Re: Knife fight in my apt complex...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 10:42:42 AM »
Woof Dog Dan:

Good to see you posting here!

Fascinating story-- I hope there will be some comments.  One question that occurs to me is finding the balance between "The Three Ss" and "The Unorganized Militia"

TAC!
CD

ponytotts

• Power User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 07:53:25 PM »
I am surprised this thread didn't get any traction.
any news? hows the group going? do the wannabe's want any more?
tpotts

JAK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »
Good thing you don't live in London.  The Mayor of that UK city made this quote last summer in response to the raising violent crime rate in his city.  Citizens who witness a violent crime should just walk the other way.

Good job.

JAK
Train like a madman, fight like a demon