Author Topic: Just been training with a former Tae Kwan Do Olympian  (Read 5836 times)

Alex (UK)

Just been training with a former Tae Kwan Do Olympian
« on: October 28, 2003, 08:49:37 AM »
The singer from a band I've been recording at a residential studio in SE England was up for the olympics a few years ago until his appendix exploded.

He's still in really good shape although not quite at the level he was when he became ill.

We would go out into the large dining area in the studio when on a break and mostly do pad work. For obvious reasons his punching and kicking is fairly stunning in terms of both technique and raw power. At times it was pretty hard to hold the focus mitts when he was really going for the punches.

Good stuff. I brought my sticks to the studio as usual, he was pretty interested in the style. Its nice to train with someone good as most of the time my training revolves around a friend of mine who I've had to teach the little I know about basic attributes. I love doing that with him but I have to really focus on what I'm doing and try to judge whether we're doing it right or not.

If only I wasn't in the studio all the time I could go back to my instructor (Wayne Rowlands at the Bob Breen Academy, London). Dang it.